Is the iPhone 6 still worth it in 2024? - 🤔

MaximumRD

Is the iPhone 6 still worth it in 2024? -

My failed attempt at a SHORT instead it's just a 1 min vertical video

FYI JUST A BIT OF SILLY FUN as I see a lot of these types of "Is it still worth picking up in 20xx" videos. 

🤷🏻‍♂️😝

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Great overview, Rob 🙂 and I totally agree with you.

I switched from the 6S Plus to a 13 Pro a little over a year ago (just after the 14 hit the shelves). That was October 2022. I asked myself whether it was worth getting the battery replaced in the 6S Plus (replaced the battery 2 maybe 3 times during the time I used it) and decided it was no longer worth it. In addition to the cost of the battery, the phone was getting slow. I figured I used it long enough.

I loved the fact that the price of the 13 dropped by 50% as soon as the 14 was available for purchase. I owe one to the sales guy told who tipped me off. I only waited one more week and got the phone for half price. Since my wife and sons also made the switch, that was four 13 Pro so quite the savings.

Edited by socrates63

6 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Great overview, Rob 🙂 and I totally agree with you.

I have 2 of these old iPhone6's pulled out of electronic recycling, kidding aside I use one with an app as a TouchPad on my desktop, it works amazing, as well as any laptop touchpad. Everyone knows I like to tinker and repurpose tech and obviously, I am into old tech as a hobby. Still, there comes a point where for use as a daily driver a device has diminishing returns if you continue to invest in it, when even low to midrange current models run circles around even something high-end from 10 years ago it's time to rethink it's value in the current year. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison