BOULDER DASH 2 - FREE DEMO BINARY!!! 100 copies only

12 hours ago, TrekMD said:

OK guys, I've started working on the manual.  I was going to attach a draft PDF but I can't.  I'm told the file is too large.  I haven't used the images @CrossBow got for me yet.  I want to optimize the formatting of the text before adding them.  Here's the cover image, though...

MYNuaFM.jpg

The game really isn't Boulder Dash II, though.  The original BD II has different levels.  This new VCS version has the same levels as the original but with improved graphics.

22 hours ago, Scott Stilphen said:

The game really isn't Boulder Dash II, though.  The original BD II has different levels.  This new VCS version has the same levels as the original but with improved graphics.

Be that as it may, the programmer of the game called it Boulder Dash 2. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Posted (edited)

This "Demo" is brilliant! I own the original and currently available versions and absolutely love them. However, the additions and refinements that Andrew's made via this demo, have taken what was already considered a technical marvel to another level. The Interleaved ChronoColour (ICC) display system looks beautiful on my Toshiba CRT, especially with the lights off. The ability to switch views and zoom or magnify the play area from Normal to Mid to Overview is amazing, considering that you can play the game via Normal or Mid zoom views. Please read the provided instruction manual, as the fire button performs several functions during gameplay, as well as, when you die. I feel the game controls very well and while I am not the best Boulder Dash player, I keep wanting to play "one more time" and that's always the sign of a good game.  

Edited by sramirez2008

OK, the manual is finished.  I've gotten better screenshots to use on it and I've made corrections/changes to the text to improve the grammar.  I want to be sure it is understood that this is not an official manual.  It's fan made but I've included the copyright information on it to avoid potential problems.  If you want the PDF, send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you!  I'm unable to post it here or send it via PM due to the file size.  I hope you like it! 

Edited by TrekMD

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...