New here, Atari lynx fan since 1992.

Lynx15

Welcome to the IO!  I bought my own Lynx when I was in medical school.  I had seen the GameBoy but when I saw the color screen of the Lynx, I just ignored the GB.  Why would I play with a grayscale portable when the Lynx offered far superior looks!  At this point in time, I was more area of the value of game systems, so I started to get every game I could for the Lynx to have a full collection and I saved every box!  I never regretted getting my Lynx II, which I still own!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

12 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I had seen the GameBoy but when I saw the color screen of the Lynx, I just ignored the GB.  Why would I play with a grayscale portable when the Lynx offered far superior looks!

This is true. The Lynx is superior to the Game Boy in many ways.

Welcome to the club, Lynx15. I am sure you will enjoy this place. It's very friendly here. Thanks for posting!

I have both the Lynx I and II, by the way. I keep the Lynx I for collector's purposes, but I play the Lynx II exclusively. They are both still in great shape. It's a fun unit. The first time I had a Lynx was in the 2000s, but it and the games were stolen. Fortunately, I was able to replace the Lynx I that I owned and got a Lynx II as well. All the games were eventually replaced. Talk about being fortunate.

Anyway, it is a great system. It can display great colors and has awesome gameplay. Anybody with a Lynx is a lucky person.

On 8/24/2024 at 12:05 AM, TrekMD said:

Welcome to the IO!  I bought my own Lynx when I was in medical school.  I had seen the GameBoy but when I saw the color screen of the Lynx, I just ignored the GB.  Why would I play with a grayscale portable when the Lynx offered far superior looks!  At this point in time, I was more area of the value of game systems, so I started to get every game I could for the Lynx to have a full collection and I saved every box!  I never regretted getting my Lynx II, which I still own!

I remember when I saw the Lynx, in a Boy's Life Magazine. They had a shootout between the Lynx, the Game Gear, TurboExpress, and the Gameboy. I liked the Lynx the best, but by the time I could save my pre-teenage job money it was 1996. So I ended up getting a Gameboy Pocket, no Lynx to be found at our Toys R Us by then.

Someday I'll get myself a Lynx. 😛

Free to download--> Carrot Kingdom™- :atari_2600: - Released 5/11/2021

Welcome to the I/O!

I bought a Lynx II a few years ago. I got it because I joined this forum and decided to get all the Atari platforms. Specifically, I bought the Lynx and Jaguar to participate in high score challenges run here. I'm a big fan of playing games on the original hardware.

Back in the day, I bought the Game Boy before Atari and Sega released their handhelds. When the Lynx and Game Gear were released, the color screens looked interesting, but ultimately, the portability, battery life, and the games were what kept with the GB.