Arcade monitor

AtariBrian

so I found a milllipede machine on Craigslist and it's kind of a far drive to check it out.  I talked to the guy on the phone and he said it needed color adjustment to make it look nice and he didn't know how to do that.  I'm assuming the monitor is burned out.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I should look for or stay away from, or if there are adjustments that con be done ect..

Thanks

I hate to say just look on youtube but there are many arcade cab restoration video's for adjustments & what not

sometimes the best deals are 'cause neither you or the seller doesn't know how every thing works & the "gamble" works out great & you wind up with a whole house full of the things :lol:

but yeah there are color adjustment pots (potentiometer) on the back ... I haven't done any "cap (Capacitor) kits" but those are widely available too 

could also be a loose wire or something ( like unplugging one of the RGB cables on the back of a TV ) , cold solder joint , bad chip wild animals, pet insects 

don't work on it while you are there though .... it may affect the price ;) if it's something you want , get it cheap & RUN !!!! 

Yeah, I would look at it as a project no matter what.  If the cabinet itself is in good shape (no water damage) and the electronics look original, I'd try to get a good price and worry about the fix later.  And only pay an amount you would feel comfortable losing...it's a gamble. 

Archived