"Napoleon Bonaparte…"

Hey, guys,

My foster father told me a story once years before he passed away. He knew someone that knew Napoleon Bonaparte. No, really.

He knew Napoleon Bonaparte.

But, before you get your hopes up…

This person with the unusual name was put into an orphanage as a baby. The people that worked there did not know what to name him. So, they named him (you guessed it) Napoleon Bonaparte. So, the person that knew him in a sense knew Napoleon Bonaparte.

Obviously, the original Napoleon died over 200 years ago. Fun fact, huh?

Edited by DegasElite

I was 12 when my great-grandmother passed on. I had another great-grandmother pass away at the age of 96. She went in 2003. She was born in 1906 in North Dakota. So, there is longevity in my family, at least with the women. I had a distant cousin of my grandfather's that lived to the age of 101. I never met her, though. I would love to meet a 100-year-old person. I could learn so much.

There is a woman who worked for Disney Animation for over 40 years. She is still alive and will be 110 in July, a supercentenarian. She is the world's oldest living animator and the oldest animator who has ever lived. She was born in 1910 in Maine. She remembers the old Alice comedies that Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks made, which were an experiment in live-action and animation together. She helped make them in the 1920s when she was a little girl, probably starring in them. Those cartoons themselves were made almost 100 years ago. She still animates, by the way, I believe. Amazing woman.

Edited by DegasElite