Awesome & Inexpensive Microphone for your YouTube Videos (and other uses)

- Ω -

<< THIS MICROPHONE >> I recently got from Amazon surprised the heck out of me.  It sounds great (as good as microphones costing much more), but it also came with every accessory I'll ever need.  I figured I share my good fortune on getting a good one... CHEAP in case any of you feel like it's time to upgrade as well.

Honestly though, I've since take off that big round screen as I've found that if you use the foam cover on the mic itself it's not necessary.

ic5Ihs7.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I actually use a combo of two mics in my videos. One of them is very cheap at only $20 and is critical for me as I need my hands free.

Sony_Mic.jpg.22a4e8f3a8f42b1a2218747c7b77d608.jpg

Wonderful lavaliere mic but as it still requires to be plugged into the side of my camcorder I use for filming, and has a short cord, I pair it up with:

Sony_Mic_Wireless.jpg.37d398006f454696a423f84c3d64e3ed.jpg

The small receiver portion attaches directly to the top of my camcorder accessory connection. The larger part is both a wireless mic and transmitter, but you will see that is has mic inputs on it. So I actually plug my smaller lavaliere mic into that, shove it into my pocket and and as long as I'm within about 30ft of the camcorder, I basically have a full hands free mic to record my videos with. It isn't the greatest option but it works for my needs quite well so that I'm not tethered down.

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

48 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

The small receiver portion attaches directly to the top of my camcorder accessory connection. The larger part is both a wireless mic and transmitter, but you will see that is has mic inputs on it. So I actually plug my smaller lavaliere mic into that, shove it into my pocket and and as long as I'm within about 30ft of the camcorder, I basically have a full hands free mic to record my videos with. It isn't the greatest option but it works for my needs quite well so that I'm not tethered down.

Interesting, I'll have to consider something like that second Bluetooth microphone for my Canon T7i as it has an input for a microphone as well.  Sadly my Sony Camcorder has no mic input and I'm not too fond of it's audio at a distance.  I'm using the new mic strictly on my computer though and I'm happy with it and it works well with the Logitech webcam.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I use an older Sony AX33 model camcorder. Does 4k at 30fps and 1080p at 24, 30, and 60fps. It has a mic input on the site that provides the 3.3v needed to power my small lavalier mic. I wasn't sure the second blutooth mic would, but it seems that it does indeed somehow provide enough or amps the audio enough from the lavalier plugged into it to transmit to the receiver attached to the top of my camcorder. I wish I could use both the side mounted Mic input on my camcorder and the blutooth mic, but it only allows one mic input on it. I need to get a real mic so that I can use my audio mixer board to make it easier to do voice over with audio capture from something at the same time and adjust the levels as needed. Just haven't gotten around to it because it hasn't been critical for need.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

On 3/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, CrossBow said:

Sony_Mic_Wireless.jpg.37d398006f454696a423f84c3d64e3ed.jpg

Holy diploma Batman!  I went to check out the Bluetooth assembly you have and nearly soiled my trousers when I saw the price!  <<AMAZON HAS IT HERE>>  But, but, but, DAMN!  They want $178.00 before shipping!  I guess you have deeper pockets than me!

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

35 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

Holy diploma Batman!  I went to check out the Bluetooth assembly you have and nearly soiled my trousers when I saw the price!  <<AMAZON HAS IT HERE>>  But, but, but, DAMN!  They want $178.00 before shipping!  I guess you have deeper pockets than me!

Well at the time I bought it, it was on sale through Best Buy for like $125 I think? And...I had a visa gift card left over from Christmas or my birthday or something that I used to pay towards it. The smaller mic I had first and it was good but having to keep it connected to the side of the camcorder all the time was a pain in the rear. So when I purchased my halo ring light to use in my vids, I also look for mic accessories that attached to my camcorder, like one of the small booms that attaches. Then I found this setup on sale and when I saw how it worked I took a chance. I actually connect my smaller mic to the red port on top of the wireless one like you see in the pic and then that allows me full hands free operation. I get about 5 hours or so on a single AAA battery on the transmitter depending on how long a stretch I use it for. So I also have a pack of the best buy cheap insignia brand batteries because I get a ton of them for cheap and they work well enough for what I need.

1 hour ago, RickR said:

We should not have to justify pricing here.  If it's a solid product that you like, that makes it fairly priced. 

To be fair, the title of the thread is cheap and awesome. Only my first microphone I mentioned is on the cheap side at about $20. The second one was my Awesome part of the thread LOL!