What have -YOU- done with or on your TI-99/4A lately?

- Ω -

Honestly I've only turned mine on a couple of times this month, and only to call the BBS.  I'll never get rid of my main system though, I'd probably regret getting rid of it as I have so much invested into it.  It would be nice to have a game contest or two with other users here, but it looks like everyone, including myself have other irons in the fire right now.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

6 hours ago, RickR said:

A high score contest would be fun and a good excuse to get the machine out.  I suggest waiting for winter when there aren't so many outdoor distractions consuming time.  

I agree with this.  

9 hours ago, - Ω - said:

I'd probably regret getting rid of it as I have so much invested into it. 

This why I lean on my XEGS more.

I need to get a replacement AV cable for mine first. I kinda gave away/sold the one I was using with my Ti and Vic-20 to a client this weekend that brought their Atari 400 over for an s-video upgrade. They didn't have a cable for it...

Is there a recommended site for a good quality cable for the Ti?

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I think it uses the same cable as the Atari 8-bits, VIC-20 and C64 (5 pin version).  I've found it's easier to find one labeled for those.  Ebay is where I've got them in the past, but I've also made my own if I have the right DIN connector.  For example, I yanked the DIN connector from a broken VIC-20 RF box to make one. 

4 minutes ago, RickR said:

I think it uses the same cable as the Atari 8-bits, VIC-20 and C64 (5 pin version).  I've found it's easier to find one labeled for those.  Ebay is where I've got them in the past, but I've also made my own if I have the right DIN connector.  For example, I yanked the DIN connector from a broken VIC-20 RF box to make one. 

My TI's RF box was no good so there is where I got my connector. 

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

Well as I sold my composite/svid/audio RCA Atari 8-bit cable for a client this past weekend. The only cable I have now is my s-video output only cable from Hercules for my Atari 8-bits and I'm pretty sure that isn't going to work on my Ti or Vic since those put out s-video from their monitor ports right? 

I see that Brewing Academy has them for the Ti with the longest offered being a 1.5m cable and composite/audio only. So I will see about adding one of those on my next order with them in the future.

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

After buying and downsizing into my retirement condo, I realized I still have too many "backup" TI consoles.  In an attempt to find room in the closet, I decided to put one in a display cabinet using some custom 3D printed stands.  But now, as you can see, the lighting makes every micro scratch look even worse.  Argh!

NotAsExpected.jpg.99aa707dc071830633360a34ac22852f.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>