PolyGunR (In Development)

Sabertooth

As reported by our friend and ClubVCS member @Ballistik, PolyGunR is a new top-down, isometric, physics based, run OR gun from veteran developer Tony Barnes (RetroNinja)! 

The trailer brings to mind Vindicators.  If its got near the polish of RetroNinja's BPM Boy, VCS owners are in for a treat!

Check out Ballistik's video below!  Is this a day one purchase for you?

13 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I just tried a demo of this.  This one is going to be fun. I had a blast with the demo.

image.jpg.8a86a51da490d4a4d4e87d8cee95972e.jpg

If you like this, check out BPM Boy from the same dev. It's been exclusive to VCS for over a year and a half. The dev, Tony Barnes (aka Retro Ninja), worked on the Strike series BITD.

I tried the demo last night (as well as the Gunship demo which seems very similar).  I found it super hard to control.  Maybe there is a different control scheme to try?  Pushing the stick in the direction you want to travel just isn't working in my brain, as a ship with momentum should use the "Asteroids" style controls.  But I'll keep trying.  It looks beautiful. 

7 hours ago, RickR said:

I tried the demo last night (as well as the Gunship demo which seems very similar).  I found it super hard to control.  Maybe there is a different control scheme to try?  Pushing the stick in the direction you want to travel just isn't working in my brain, as a ship with momentum should use the "Asteroids" style controls.  But I'll keep trying.  It looks beautiful. 

I feel the same way. I think it would be much better as a twin-stick. This is a pre-Alpha demo, so hopefully the final sees some improvement.

What is the Gunship demo?!