Fast/Easy Lunches for WFH

RickR

Lunches at home.  It can get really boring.  And also, who has time for anything fancy?  So I thought I'd share some really simple recipes as I find them that are a cut above the old standard PB&J or a hot dog.  Share any you have too!

First up is a recipe for quesadilla.  I don't know about you, but I've been doing it wrong.  The addition of butter (I use margarine) and a cast iron skillet gives it that smoky crunch that takes it up a notch. 

Speaking of cast iron skillet and butter (or substitute with some other oil), that's the best way to "revive" cold pizza. The bottom of the pizza becomes a little crunchy as if it was fresh out of the oven. Sprinkle in a little water and cover the pan to bring heat and melt the cheese. Medium heat probably works best.

Yesterday night, we went out for dinner at a local pizza restaurant. The kitchen got our order wrong -- tomato was supposed to go under the cheese and baked, and instead, we got fresh tomato slices on top of the baked pizza. Well, the server said we could have it for free while they remade another pizza as we ordered it. So we walked about with a whole pizza, and that's what I had for lunch and dinner today.

2 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Speaking of cast iron skillet and butter (or substitute with some other oil), that's the best way to "revive" cold pizza. The bottom of the pizza becomes a little crunchy as if it was fresh out of the oven. Sprinkle in a little water and cover the pan to bring heat and melt the cheese. Medium heat probably works best.

Yesterday night, we went out for dinner at a local pizza restaurant. The kitchen got our order wrong -- tomato was supposed to go under the cheese and baked, and instead, we got fresh tomato slices on top of the baked pizza. Well, the server said we could have it for free while they remade another pizza as we ordered it. So we walked about with a whole pizza, and that's what I had for lunch and dinner today.

YES!  This is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for.  I'll try this next time we have leftover pizza.

I usually put it on a pizza pan, stick it in the oven at 200 for 20 minutes, and it comes out pretty good!