Interesting Vehicles from Afar

Atari 5200 Guy

I’m enjoying this. I hope we can keep it going.  I don’t care where the cars people post come from…it is interesting to see vehicles others like.

With that said, fans of the show might be of some help.  We all know K.I.T.T. was Trans Ams and Firebirds.  But what car was Devon in?  I can’t remember if it was a Bentley or a Rolls.

I am so drawn to those little vans and trucks for some reason.  

I had the chance to buy a really nice early 2000's Celica GT a couple of years ago, but decided not to (similar to the picture below).  It was a color I wasn't fond of (white) and also an automatic (manual would be more idea).  Honestly, I have trouble justifying a "play" car like that.  But it was in great condition.  I've also seen a few really nice older 70's and 80's Toyotas that I've given serious consideration to.  But I really hesitate with anything that uses a carburator and vacuum hoses.  My first car was a 77 Toyota, and I loved it.  But I also must constantly remind myself how difficult it could be to keep it tuned well, and how difficult it could be to start in bad weather.  

I suppose if I had the time, it would be a lot of fun to do a fuel injection mod on an old Toyota.  

image.png

4 minutes ago, RickR said:

I am so drawn to those little vans and trucks for some reason.  

I had the chance to buy a really nice early 2000's Celica GT a couple of years ago, but decided not to (similar to the picture below).  It was a color I wasn't fond of (white) and also an automatic (manual would be more idea).  Honestly, I have trouble justifying a "play" car like that.  But it was in great condition.  I've also seen a few really nice older 70's and 80's Toyotas that I've given serious consideration to.  But I really hesitate with anything that uses a carburator and vacuum hoses.  My first car was a 77 Toyota, and I loved it.  But I also must constantly remind myself how difficult it could be to keep it tuned well, and how difficult it could be to start in bad weather.  

I suppose if I had the time, it would be a lot of fun to do a fuel injection mod on an old Toyota.  

image.png

I thought Toys like the MR2 has fuel injection. Wait…you said old. Never mind 🧐

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

1 hour ago, RickR said:

That is my favorite of the ones you've posted so far.  I also would LOVE one of those. 

The one Mom had would fly! She loved it.  She cried when she sold it. She broke the needle on the speedometer one time when we were driving from Arkansas to Missouri because it pegged at 80-85 and she was going faster than that to get away from some idiot getting right on her bumper. No matter what she tried they were like right there.  So she grabbed third and floored it. I loved that car.  Yea…they fly.  I can vouch for that.  I miss her.

5 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

This is the style “Z” car my Mom had.

IMG_1926.jpeg.ea6ce64398c32b965d7d345fafbc0e77.jpeg

I would love to find one to keep in her honor.

I remembered a few details about Mom’s car.  It didn’t have turbo but something was installed that would kick in at 3000 RPM.  Once it kicked in the car literally got a huge boost in power.  It also had the usual clutch fan driven by the engine belts to help keep the engine cool but it also had an electric cooling system that would cool the engine even with car turned completely off.  I don’t know if either of those were on other 280ZX cars or not. And if either or those failed her car would not run.