HighScore.com under new ownership?

(I hope this is the correct forum for my post. @Justin , I apologize in advance if I erred.)

I checked out highscore.com over the weekend as it had been ages since I logged into that site. The site was black except for the words, "Under Construction". I found that curious since that site had not been updated since I first signed up in 2016.

I learned earlier this morning that the site is back up and appears to be under new ownership. I attached a screenshot; you'll note there is a new mailing list for "early access". There is also an icon on the top left which will provide site updates once you click it.

The site appears to be pivoting towards a model similar to that of Antstream Arcade. It's early, though, so I cannot confirm.

As for anyone who had a profile on the old highscore.com, it's gone.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 12.07.15 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Justin said:

@Marco1019 That's extremely disappointing. I had some excellent world record high scores over there. I hope the same won't happen at lvlupscore.com

I can safely say that Lvl Up Score was not created for profit. It's why the site itself is minimal in its presentation. It's really a hobby for the Admins who are involved.

Tangentially related: One option that was offered at Lvl Up Score was for HighScore.com gamers to link their accounts so their previous efforts could be ported over. But that's no longer an option, sadly.

6 minutes ago, Marco1019 said:

Tangentially related: One option that was offered at Lvl Up Score was for HighScore.com gamers to link their accounts so their previous efforts could be ported over. But that's no longer an option, sadly.

I had done that two years ago when you made us aware of Lvl Up. I hope those scores are still there. Lvl Up will have rescued my scores. Hopefully more people will come over to Lvl Up from HighScore.com now that it's gone.

Is anything going on with Twin Galaxies anymore?

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

I had done that two years ago when you made us aware of Lvl Up. I hope those scores are still there. Lvl Up will have rescued my scores. Hopefully more people will come over to Lvl Up from HighScore.com now that it's gone.

Is anything going on with Twin Galaxies anymore?

Whatever was transferred over is still on Lvl Up Score.

I'm not sure if Lvl Up will gain users from the old HighScore because the new site was a point of contention among some of the diehards. Again, Lvl Up Score was created as an alternative. We don't exclude anyone just because they prefer another scoring or records site. In fact, a few of the Admins continued to submit to HighScore until very recently.

As for Twin Galaxies, they're still around. The lawsuit & countersuit were settled recently. I'm sure you're aware as many outlets rushed their reporting.

22 minutes ago, Marco1019 said:

Whatever was transferred over is still on Lvl Up Score.

I'm not sure if Lvl Up will gain users from the old HighScore because the new site was a point of contention among some of the diehards. Again, Lvl Up Score was created as an alternative. We don't exclude anyone just because they prefer another scoring or records site. In fact, a few of the Admins continued to submit to HighScore until very recently.

As for Twin Galaxies, they're still around. The lawsuit & countersuit were settled recently. I'm sure you're aware as many outlets rushed their reporting.

Reminds me of when I added the Forums to Atari I/O :wreck-it-ralph:

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Reminds me of when I added the Forums to Atari I/O :wreck-it-ralph:

We knew we wouldn't have the time to moderate such forums, so we set up on Discord.

EverythingC64 folded their website because it was becoming too expensive to maintain. They moved to Discord at least a year ago.