Meet the Mind Behind Atari 7800 Homebrew Games: Robert DeCrescenzo

I just watched this interview with Bob DeCrescenzo and I thought I'd share it.  Bob is such a nice guy and he has created so many games for the 7800 that is is almost incredible.  Though he can't say anything specific, I did see him at FreePlay Florida last year and he said he was officially working on something for Atari.  Can't wait to see what it is!  Enjoy the interview...

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

6 hours ago, TrekMD said:

That would be fantastic.

No..that would be Amazing! And it is one I've wanted to see on the 7800 for a long time. 

Then again, I'd also liked to have seen Rescue on Fractalus get completed because the demo that is there looks great!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

2 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

No..that would be Amazing! And it is one I've wanted to see on the 7800 for a long time. 

Then again, I'd also liked to have seen Rescue on Fractalus get completed because the demo that is there looks great!

The 7800 has plenty of potential.  I am curious to see what Atari decides to do for it.  If they are working with folks like Bob, we should be in for a feast!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

The 7800 has plenty of potential.  I am curious to see what Atari decides to do for it.  If they are working with folks like Bob, we should be in for a feast!

Indeed! As long as they make physical carts I can play on my consoles and not keep them in the VCS only realm I'm totally on board.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

16 hours ago, TrekMD said:

That would be fantastic.

I agree. It’s a no-brainer 🧠 It’s an Atari IP that was intended to be put on the 7800 and never released. It’s possible they may have discovered some of the original source code, or may have it done from scratch. It would be perfect for the 7800 and I hope to see the new Atari move in this direction. It would be an absolute dream come true.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:13 PM, TrekMD said:

I just watched this interview with Bob DeCrescenzo and I thought I'd share it.  Bob is such a nice guy and he has created so many games for the 7800 that is is almost incredible.  Though he can't say anything specific, I did see him at FreePlay Florida last year and he said he was officially working on something for Atari.  Can't wait to see what it is!  Enjoy the interview...

Sweet.. Thanks for sharing... 🙂