Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Finally! My Modded Xbox!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,105 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

After trying to figure out how to do this myself (i.e., have friends smarter than me figure it out) & failing, I found someone to do it right.

He installed a 2TB HDD, did some more fancy things behind the scenes & installed every emulator & ROM set known to man, as well as nearly every original Xbox game made for the system.

It will take me MONTHS to figure out what is on here, how to navigate it, etc.

I can add any games that are missing (there are some Xbox games I'd like that aren't on here) as well as any new homebrews/hacks that come out.

If you're so inclined, here's a crappy video I made for my friends to show them what's on this thing. Enjoy!

• MaximumRD, greenween and RickR like this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,633 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

Oh my gosh that is awesome!  The screen/box art on the menus make this extra sweet. 

I think I have everything I need to do this mod myself.  I wasn't going to get a larger hard drive initially.  I currently have a joystick-port -> USB dongle and a USB memory stick, the save file needed.  the game disc they recommend, and an XBOX to try this on.  Any tips you can offer? 

It's been on my list for a while, but hasn't made it to the top yet. 

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,633 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

PS - nice video.  Seeing it in action really shows how nice the setup is. 

#4 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,105 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

My tips begin & end with "pay someone to do it for you". 😀

Seriously, I have zero skills. I inherited this box & it was hard modded. My buddies & I couldn't figure out how to FTP anything to it. It gathered dust until I found someone who knew what they are doing. He gutted it & basically started from scratch.

I do know that it took a couple of days just to transfer all the files over.

I wish I had more info/advice/tips for you. Sorry!

Edited by StormSurge, 11 September 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#5 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,633 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

Oh that's OK.  Don't be sorry.  Your video is inspirational. 

I have a Wii that's been modded, and that is really sweet too.  That one is great because the only limitation is the size of the SD card.  And transferring files involves just copying to an SD card. 

#6 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,105 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

I have a modded Wii as well (that I did myself!), but because I did it myself, it's not what I was expecting.

This obviously has a lot more systems/games, plus I find the Xbox controller to be much more suitable for the various systems. (More buttons to map)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users