Which episode of Stranger Things are you on?

RickR

Stranger Things poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which episode have you finished watching?

I'm kind of hit or miss on this series and it has all the Stephen King touchy feels to it but I find myself feeling distracted. Maybe I'm just not in the right mindset to watch it and will try it pick up on episode 3 soon. So many different mixed feelings from it and pulling things in so many directions from Stephen Kind, X-Files, aliens/abduction and the kid-like movies of the 80s, I just can't quite place my finger on it yet. So far I'm just feeling like it's trying to be one too many things and maybe that's why I find myself so easily distracted... I'll revisit at some point. I did read that it starts out really slow however.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Hehe, just wait for 5 RickR.

I'm digging it, and I can't see how anyone can say it starts slow to be honest.    I heard one or two friends say that after episode 2 or 3 they really liked it, but I was in love after about 10 minutes.

I will say that I haven't seen my social media light up in agreement about anything lately other than this movie.   So its cool to see America can agree on something!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Finished the series the other night, after watching one ep a day.

The show starts on a very high note (ep 1's nostalgia-fest and great set-up), but the drop-down on ep 2 is rather severe, comparatively, because the character set-up takes over for an ep or two and none of the main ones, besides the kids, are entirely appealing in their frantic nature (especially the mom) and somewhat off-putting flaws (stalker photog, alcoholic sheriff, stereotypical bullies, dimwit cops, etc).

But none of the main characters remain two-dimensional and seeing them develop is quite satisfying in itself, regardless of the throwback allure of the venture.

This adds to the feel of reading a horror novel in the 80s, where you'd become invested as you went along, even after going "Don't do *that*!" at the book people at first.

I strongly recommend giving in to the flow of the episodes and enjoy the ride.

I'm trying to be timely about posting new episode topics so that everybody can join in spoiler-free discussions of each episode! I'm trying to do one a night but it'll average out to about one every other night. More soon!

Archived