Squad Challenge - Splatterhouse (TurboGrafx-16)

Justin

awc_text_hss_squad_challenge.gif

Splatterhouse
TurboGrafx-16
Controller: CONTROLLER / KEYBOARD / PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Default (Press Run To Play)
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / MAME / Emulation OK! ✔
Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST October 31st, 2019

🎃 OBJECTIVE: Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between October 15th through October 31st, 2019. Screen captures are not allowed as they are easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the competition is the victor!

🎃 ELIGIBILITY: Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

🎃 PLAY RULES: Games may be played on real hardware, Flashback or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following rules and game settings as delineated in the Squad Challenge. Enhancements, rewinds and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

🎃 DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Default. Press Run to Play. Splatterhouse is based on the "damage" system. You start the game with 3 "Ricks." Each Rick has 5 "hearts." If you lose all of your hearts, one Rick will disappear. If you lose all of your Ricks, the game is over.

🎃 FAIR PLAY: Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that no use of cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, rewinds, Photoshop, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage is allowed. Everybody hates a cheater.

🎃 MORE: To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: 

🎃 MESSAGE: Welcome to our 71st Squad Challenge! We're getting into the spooky spirit of Halloween by playing Splatterhouse, an absolutely horrific game on TurboGrafx-16. This is one of the TG's best! Splatterhouse was a big draw to players first coming over to the TurboGrafx-16 from NES. This is NOT a Single Life Run, play it full-out and enjoy the spookiness. Remember, you can play TurboGrafx HuCards on TurboGrafx-16, TurboExpress, and TurboDuo! I hope you guys enjoy this Squad Challenge and have a great October. ROM and Instruction Manual are provided below. Good luck to everyone playing!

🎃 NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be for the Nintendo Game Boy. Be there!

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Splatterhouse.pdfSplatterhouse.pce

19 minutes ago, RickR said:

I'm going to get in on this one very soon too.  It may be time to leave the TG-16 permanently out and playable. 

I think that would be a terrific idea @RickR! We will be hosting TurboGrafx-16 Squad Challenges at least 2-3 times a year, so I expect you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of that system.

16400 first try.

Woooweee, this is a perfect game for Halloween.  There is NOTHING more satisfying that smacking the living with a board.  I'm going to find time to play this one more.

Warning:  This is another game that doesn't show your score after you die.  You gotta be careful and hit that pause button, get your camera ready, then unpause and snap!

splatterhouse 001.JPG

101,800 played on my original TG-16.  

Took this pic going into the second to last battle and sure enough, was dead soon after.

RickR is right, get your cameras ready - death comes quick.

A521DF55-E64A-4C36-A570-65FE6F44FE02.jpeg

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

Fellas, Splatterhouse is kicking my butt beyond belief. I've played it twice now, for an hour at a time. This is my best score. I scored 200 points more at the very end right after I took this photo. I'm going to celebrate Halloween with a little more Splatterhouse so we'll see if I can top this score. I had to jump in on this though!

My High Score: 15,400

Splatterhouse_score_15400.jpg

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations btbfilms76!

Congratulations @btbfilms76 your astounding score! I hope everybody had a fun and safe Halloween and enjoyed the heck out of Splatterhouse! I was never great at Splatterhouse but I remember picking it up for the first time and how it felt so advanced compared to the games we had gotten used to by then, like Mario Bros. Plus how graphic everything seemed at the time. I was glad to see everybody in "the TurboGrafx club" show up for this! Even despite the malware issue, which I am working to resolve quickly. You guys posted some great scores and I'm happy to have come in dead last in one of these Squad Challenges! You guys posted some impressive scores on a very challenging game. @btbfilms76 posted an astronomical score of 101,800 points, performed live in front of an audience on YouTube! Unreal! @Atari Creep ranked 2nd on the board with a score of 28,100 points, also performed live in front of an audience on Instagram Live! @RickR takes the 3rd position with a solid 16,400 points on his first try, and I round things out in 4th place after playing for a few hours to get 15,400 points. Congrats to @btbfilms76 and everyone who played in this squad challenge and shared a score! I'd like to encourage @btbfilms76 to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be for the original (DMG) Nintendo Game Boy. Be there!

SPLATTERHOUSE FINAL STANDINGS

1   BTBFILMS76                       101,800

2   ATARI CREEP                        28,100

3   RICKR                                     16,400

4   JUSTIN                                   15,400

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif