Announcing PUTT 18 MINIATURE GOLF for Atari 7800 - NOW AVAILABLE!

Video 61

On 7/23/2020 at 10:21 PM, theclaw1982 said:

Just received my copy! While I only played it for a few minutes/3 or 4 holes (kinda busy, just was excited to try it), it is pretty fun and conveys the mini golf experience. I will maybe post again after putting some time in this weekend, but I enjoy it already! Good job guys!

hi the claw1982,

thank you very much!!!!

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

Thankyou guys for all the positive comments about the game. I do occasionally read the comments here and elsewhere. A few years ago, I decided to try porting some of my games to the 7800 just to see what happens. Putt 18 was already popular for the 8-bit and 5200 so I decided to finish that game first. I did not expect this overwhelming response from the community. I am glad to have Atari.IO as the home for Putt 18 and a place to respond to fans of the game.

The Layout and Game Play was kept simple for easy game play and allowed multiple courses to be available on cartridge. Many people like the layout. The 7800 Version has been enhanced with multicolored sprites, 2 extra courses, and a random course option. Some things had to be adjusted to fit the 7800 screen format. It was compiled with an earlier version of 7800 Basic at the time of release.

Any videos you may find in my YouTube channel for other 7800 games may be work-in-progress. Sometimes from incomplete games as I am putting stuff together and figuring stuff out. I am making changes as these games are putting together, making decisions about what looks and animates the best. Some of the games are receiving some major enhancements over the 8-bit versions to take advantage of the 7800 graphics.