Non English -- (Foreign Rock Groups)

- Ω -

Does anyone else know of any other cool non-English rock bands?  I've discovered that since I usually cannot understand the lyrics of domestic (English language) music anyway, listening to foreign stuff is no different... EXCEPT the fact that it's "NEW TO ME".  I've gotten tired of listening to the same boring playlist I've been listening to over the past 40 years.  The foreign stuff breaks the monotony. 

Here's an interesting group called the Wagakki Band, they mix traditional Japanese instruments and sound with Rock.  What do you think?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 3/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, - Ω - said:

Does anyone else know of any other cool non-English rock bands?

Check out Babymetal (correctly pronounced "bey b metal" a play on hea vy metal).  Here...I'll get you started:

When you are done listening to that...try listening to "The One", "Road to Resistance", "Distortion", and then try this...

The band in the first video was fake playing but it's still an awesome song.  The band in the other songs I suggested and with them performing with Rob Halford of Iron Maiden is their real band and they are sick!  That drummer is awesome as was the rest of the members.  I especially loved their lead guitarist.

Probably not as cutting edge of a rocker as when he started out, but many of today's Korean rockers stand on YB's shoulders. He has become very successful and enjoys mainstream appeal in Korea. He has released English version of this particular popular song which I believe should be the anthem of any new generation of young people growing up in this world. It looks like it even got included in a Rocksmith release.

Can I mention Andre From Pagefire on a technicality?  Most of his stuff is in English, but he is Norwegian.  He does a lot of songs in different genres of rock and metal and they usually end up being great examples of that genre... even though they are from a video mostly making fun of said genre.

Also, I'm not sure if I need to mention bands like Rammstein or Entombed here... pretty sure most metal fans already have opinions of them, but they are the bands that got me into metal in the first place.