The Edladdin Seagull 78 - Use Sega Genesis Controllers on the 7800!

nosweargamer

This adapter is GREAT!  It let's you use any Sega Genesis controller with 2 button games on the Atari 7800!

You can play single button games with a Genesis controller without the adapter, but for 7800 2 button games, like Ninja Golf, you need this!

And the owner also let me share a coupon code to save 10% on any order on his site (Code: NSG)

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

This is totally awesome and a great deal. 

I have an NES gamepad adapted for use on the 7800, which I love.  That makes it hard to justify buying this.  But I'm tempted nonetheless. 

Anyone that is still using the 7800 pro-line controller needs to check this out.

@nosweargamer great review!

@RickR, have you ever used an Atari 7800 European gamepad? I'm wondering how that would feel compared to an adapted NES gamepad.

Yes, I've used the Atari gamepad.  I like it, especially the little screw in extender.  But the buttons are a little too squishy and they should be closer to the top of the pad.  It's very close to the NES pad, but the NES buttons are perfect. 

I just got my adapter in the mail today and it is amazing!   Before this, all I had was the proline joystick to use for two button games....what a difference. 

@nosweargamer I found the seagull78 thanks to your video review, so thanks for posting it.

"Mmmrrrrrrhhhh.....game.....gooooood....."

I just got my adapter in the mail today and it is amazing!   Before this, all I had was the proline joystick to use for two button games....what a difference. 

@nosweargamer I found the seagull78 thanks to your video review, so thanks for posting it.

Your Welcome!

To me, the seagull78 is a must have for modern 7800 owners. Even though the Europad was a step in the right direction, I feel that most Sega Genesis controllers out control it.  And for those stuck with a pro line, I can't say enough how much an improvement it is to play games without all the hand cramps.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

This is totally awesome and a great deal. 

I have an NES gamepad adapted for use on the 7800, which I love.  That makes it hard to justify buying this.  But I'm tempted nonetheless. 

Anyone that is still using the 7800 pro-line controller needs to check this out.

I have the Genesis controller adapter and it is great.

@RickR where did you get the nes to 7800 adapter?

Archived