Berzerk: Recharged

sramirez2008

Berzerk:Recharged is turning out to be the most divisive Recharged title yet. Folks appear to split on it being twin-stick, the robot voices and the art design. There have also been complaints about the Classic's rotary being counterclockwise, but that's been fixed with an update.

If you've played the game, what do you think?!

As of the filming of this review, Vinnie Vineyard (aka Funkmaster V) was THE NUMBER ONE GEEZER on the Atari VCS Berzerk Recharged leaderboards, making this review the most important and credible of all reviews that have ever been scribed in the history of this country and quite possible the world. This former Stern Electronics maze shooter has been polished up by Atari and Sneakybox... but did they scrub it up, too much??? Its available on Xbox, PS4/ PS5/ Steam and the Atari VCS  TODAY FOR CHEAP #atarivcs  #atari #berzerk #retrogaming #reviews 

:pole_position_blimp: Visit Atari 7800 Forever online: https://www.atari7800forever.com

I was torn with this title. On the one hand, I understand the issues people have with the visual style, and it would have been nice to have more missions/ more different kinds of missions (different objectives like in Gravitar Recharged). 

That said, once they fixed the classic controller issue, I have found this game a lot more fun to play. Other issues aside, I do keep coming back to it because the overall gameplay is a lot of fun.

Atari 7800 Forever Podcast-
Nov 17th 2023 at 7:30PM EST

Silverback and Funkmaster V discuss what may be the biggest Atari release for a hot minute- Berzerk Recharged, and then compares it to Bob Decrescenzo'd (Pac Man Plus) version of Frenzy/ Berzerk for the 7800. They also guess the life span of the Atari VCS after collecting some clues that have dropped. Neo Sprint is updated, Pac-Jason and Lava Lamps and 8 Track Theatre is reviewed. #atari #atari7800 #atarivcs

:pole_position_blimp: Visit Atari 7800 Forever online: https://www.atari7800forever.com

Here's a rundown of the Berzerk:Recharged update:

Fixes:
- Dashing diagonally through gates no longer causes a stutter
- Fixes for enemy visuals and collisions
- Added a small delay between dying and showing "Game Over" screen in order to show death animation
- Fixed some rooms that would cause gameplay freezes
- Fixed a bug which caused enemy bullets to pass through gates into a new room
- Audio tweaks and balancing - Specifically robot voices should be heard even better now.

New additions:
Added mission descriptions and mission progress counter in HUD