Yes, it's time to start thinking about new toys for Christmas! (Post cool gadgets only)

- Ω -

Cool car.  I keep expecting to see some James Bond stuff.  Very classy.

If the mileage on the car has not been rolled over that car is very much still new.  The car I showed only has 24,000 miles on it and it’s a 97.  I think.

One thing I have noticed is that Japanese seem to take stricter care for their cars.  Or so it seems.

1 hour ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I came to realize something.  I’ve seen Japanese cars over 15 years old look in better shape than most American cars that are only five years old.  Are we really that hard on cars?

To avoid going too far off topic I will start a new thread.

Yes.  Our country is BIG, and thus we tend to put a lot more miles on our cars.  Add in the salted roads in winter that makes the bottom of most cars rust. 

I recently bought an Echo Dot and it's more useful than I ever imagined, but it does some really weird things as well.  I bet most people didn't know it could fart!  Yup, I kid you not.  It's has all kinds of farts, loud squeaky farts, power farts, random farts, you name it.  

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

3 minutes ago, RickR said:

I'm just surprised you got an Amazon Echo.  You've said you don't want a smart watch or security cam that connects to the internet, yet that thing is listening all the time 🙂 

Yes, I did say that in the past, but it also has a button on the top to disconnect the microphone. 

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

4 minutes ago, RickR said:

PS - I find them to be most helpful for cooking.  You can set and name timers "Set timer for 10 minutes for noodles" and have several going at once, and also ask it to play a genre of music. 

I find it very useful for telling my Roomba to vacuum without having to futz with the cellphone.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

@RickR Yes, I find the timer function useful for when I have pizza.  I tell it Alexa, Volume 6... then ... Alexa, set timer for 25 minutes.  I also use it for music, asking questions like, "Alexa, how far is Voyager 1 from Earth?"  Playing the news and getting news alerts is cool as well.  I've even reordered toilet paper with it.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>