The end of a video game machines life can be heartbreaking. :(

- Ω -

I've seen pics of groups of cabs left outside of building to just rot from the elements. And in the worst cases, I've seen photos of actual arcade guys that still operate machines and routes that have posted pics of bonfires they have built with cabs that weren't making them anymore money and they weren't willing to sell the cabs for cheap to get rid of them so... burn them instead. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

2 hours ago, DegasElite said:

That's really too bad the reasons they come up with to destroy things. It's a sad thing. 😞

There was a guy that ran an arcade repair business from his home. He had an airplane hangar on his property that was filled...FILLED with different arcade cabs along with some classic cars scattered in there. It was so full you had to climb up and over some of the machines to get to and see stuff in the back. But again...aircraft hangar so it wasn't exactly climate controlled. And even when I was visited him and saw this nearly 20 years ago, many of the cabs were already too far gone to be saved but he wouldn't get rid of them. 

He eventually left the business and moved away and I have NO idea what happened to it all because his property was bought just over 10 years ago and a housing edition built right up next to it. I think his house is still there but shows nature having taken it over and the hangar I believe was torn down. As it is private property I've never ventured onto it to see.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections