Midwest Gaming Classic 2024

dauber

Just thought I'd start a thread. I'm going -- I didn't get to go last year. Have my ticket, staying at the Hilton, just need to make sure I get to my Amtrak train! (I learned in 2022 that the Amtrak station is only a few blocks away, and if I don't want to walk, the Uber ride is cheap enough.) Baird Center (formerly Wisconsin Center) in Downtown Milwaukee. Might take a break and venture out and explore some of the city; downtown Milwaukee is usually dead during the weekends, but I might take a bus or Uber or something to check out a neighborhood or two (at the very least to do some record shopping!).

I keep saying it, but I SWEAR this year I WILL play Werewolf with the Guys, Games & Beer crew. (They are really, really nice people, btw.) Familiar guests to me -- Dr. Philip Ahn and Daniel Pesina from the arcade Mortal Kombat games (both really nice guys, the former who doesn't even like video games!), Paul Niemeyer (Midway artist, also a really nice guy), Tim Kitzrow (NBA Jam play-by-play voice; he is such a hoot!), Eugene Jarvis (famed -- to us, at least! -- Williams programmer who once got thrown out of a Chicago arcade after losing his temper at a Defender cabinet!), Marty Goldberg (he was kind enough to sign my copy of Atari: Business is Fun a few years ago), and Ben Heck, among others. Surprised I didn't see Brian Colin's name on the list; I was pretty sure he said he's going this year, as always.

Pretty sure Svengoolie will be judging the cosplay contest.

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

I really need to attend this event one of these years. In addition to Eugene Jarvis, it’s my understanding that Sean Kelly is usually there. I’m always looking for more Vectrex stuff. 

I’m also not expecting to attend PRGE this year, but hope to make it to FPF for the first time. 

7 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’m also not expecting to attend PRGE this year, but hope to make it to FPF for the first time. 

Oh, it'll be cool to see you at FPF, Steve!  I believe they are doing it in Lakeland again this year.  There are two hotels that are walking distance to the convention center, which I recommend staying at.  I stayed at an AirBnb that was very nice (it was a studio apartment) but I had to drive bank and forth and parking was not cheap.  I'll be staying at one of those this time around.  They have not announced the dates yet for FPF:  https://www.freeplayflorida.com/

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

6 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Oh, it'll be cool to see you at FPF, Steve!  I believe they are doing it in Lakeland again this year.  There are two hotels that are walking distance to the convention center, which I recommend staying at.

Excellent! I’ll let you know for sure, if I can attend.