Atari 7800 GameDrive is back in stock at AtariAge

sramirez2008

On 2/10/2024 at 5:07 PM, 7800 Pro Gamer said:

Oh wow looks like I need quite a few more of those CCW games.  I found this at a local retro gaming store and plan on doing a review featuring all of it. 

IMG_20240208_155732774.jpg.65fc15f7fe5e30fa24884654952cef45.jpg

Looks like I'll have to go back on the hunt!

I love the "Kids" games (e.g., CCW, Disney, Muppets, Peanuts, etc.). Btw, Ferg recently covered Alpha Beam with Ernie on The Atari Game by Game Podcast.

33 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I have those too!  Love the box designs.  The games are good for what they are meant to be.  Alpha Beam has really nice graphics.  @7800 Pro Gamer, those look to be in nice condition. 

gmosAMH.jpg

EjkOf8G.jpg

They do look nice. It’s hard to find these in good shape. The boxes normally have some creasing and the carts usually suffer from extreme actiplaque. These days, my Children’s collection just sits on my shelf. I used to play them all with my sons when they were young. We used to play my KidVid game too.

IMG_3858.jpeg

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

I've seen those Smurf's games but I don't own them.  Those look good!

I got lucky. I purchased the KidVid and all of the Smurf cassettes as a set. I’ve tried to get the Berenstain Bears set of cassettes, but they have become too rich for me. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256410292993?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=wijjE6F1TGG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vGa3hq3TSji&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 hour ago, socrates63 said:

Wow I didn't know that there was a series of Smurf games -- very cool and even cooler that you have a personal story with those copies, Steve.

Yeah, these games along with Halo 2600 and Gunfight were how I introduced the 2600 to my sons. They each have a signed copy of Halo 2600 and my older son ha a signed copy of Robotwar 2684, because he and I spent countless hours testing the game, specifically the co-op mode. That was hours of fun and when he comes over (btw, he'll be over this evening) we still play a few games of Robotwar.

RobotWar2684.jpg

6 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I got lucky. I purchased the KidVid and all of the Smurf cassettes as a set. I’ve tried to get the Berenstain Bears set of cassettes, but they have become too rich for me. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256410292993?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=wijjE6F1TGG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vGa3hq3TSji&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You got lucky for sure!  Good for you!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

On 2/16/2024 at 9:36 AM, TrekMD said:

I have those too!  Love the box designs.  The games are good for what they are meant to be.  Alpha Beam has really nice graphics.  @7800 Pro Gamer, those look to be in nice condition. 

gmosAMH.jpg

EjkOf8G.jpg

Wow those are fantastic condition!  I know it's just sesame Street games and kids stuff... But I'm jealous!

On 2/16/2024 at 3:07 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Yeah, these games along with Halo 2600 and Gunfight were how I introduced the 2600 to my sons. They each have a signed copy of Halo 2600 and my older son ha a signed copy of Robotwar 2684, because he and I spent countless hours testing the game, specifically the co-op mode. That was hours of fun and when he comes over (btw, he'll be over this evening) we still play a few games of Robotwar.

RobotWar2684.jpg

Off top but can I say I love your set up and especially that rug!  I need it!

:pole_position_blimp: Watch 7800 Pro Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheAtariNetwork

58 minutes ago, 7800 Pro Gamer said:

Off top but can I say I love your set up and especially that rug!  I need it!

Lol! You know, I didn’t want a rug in the room. My wife suggested I get an “Atari” rug to complete the room. So I looked and found this one. Unfortunately, they stopped selling it. Here’s a earlier photo of the room with the rug.

IMG_1467.jpeg

IMG_1466.jpeg

Sorry to go off topic, but here are a couple of pics of my Atari room, as it currently looks. I’m just about out of shelf space, so my collection will move to ROM only in the not so distant future. All of the shelving is IKEA (Billy Book Cases except for the small table that my primary Vectrex sits on.   

IMG_3880.jpeg

IMG_3881.jpeg

IMG_3882.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

The ITC game room is very much chaos compared to yours @sramirez2008! I really need to think about thinning some of the herd because I just haven't any room anymore. The pic I posted elsewhere showing the Darkseed computer game on my shelf above the couch is a good look at what the ITC game room is actually like. Just...no...space...

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

20 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

The ITC game room is very much chaos compared to yours @sramirez2008! I really need to think about thinning some of the herd because I just haven't any room anymore. The pic I posted elsewhere showing the Darkseed computer game on my shelf above the couch is a good look at what the ITC game room is actually like. Just...no...space...

I really like your game room. Btw, we both have a particular homebrew.😉

IMG_3887.jpeg

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

I really like your game room. Btw, we both have a particular homebrew.😉

IMG_3887.jpeg

Yeap...and I have both the original one that has a game breaking bug in it and a replacement that I put into a replacement shell and received new sticker labels for.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

@sramirez2008 your game room looks so good compared to mine.  Much like @CrossBow my space is in a constant state of chaos.  But I love seeing how nice other people's stuff is!

That sucks that the rug can't be purchased anymore.  I wonder if I can get something comparable...

:pole_position_blimp: Watch 7800 Pro Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheAtariNetwork