24 Years of Ebay

TrekMD

So, exactly 24 years ago I joined Ebay and that led me to start collecting more and more retro games and systems.  I was surprised at how easy it was to find old games!  Ebay sent me an email with this image to "celebrate"...2913 positive feedback in that time.  🙂

Ebay24Years.jpg.83f81089a466c781ef3d90080caa2216.jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

I remember someone who I worked with bragging about selling postcards of high priced items.  Basically, hoping suckers would pull the trigger despite warnings in the description.  He'd just make a new account when things got too dicey.

Not very confident things have changed.

Edited by slobu

Please check out my Atari 2600 party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/  

Downloadable games include Upp Plus Plus, Stranglehand, Nitebear on Sleepystreet and more!

On 4/24/2024 at 5:21 PM, TrekMD said:

So, exactly 24 years ago I joined Ebay and that led me to start collecting more and more retro games and systems.  I was surprised at how easy it was to find old games!  Ebay sent me an email with this image to "celebrate"...2913 positive feedback in that time.  🙂

Ebay24Years.jpg.83f81089a466c781ef3d90080caa2216.jpg

Ha! I joined eBay while having a conversation about Atari systems with my brother. He said, “remember Atari, I wonder if anyone’s selling them.” I immediately checked eBay and couldn’t believe how many games/consoles were available.
I just made my 21st year. They didn’t send me an email. Maybe I need to leave/receive more feedback.

IMG_4854.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008