Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - The Final Cut | Fan-Edit | Reveal Trailer

Just watched this and though it was cool enough to share!

May the 4th be with you! Watch the trailer for my newest edit: STAR WARS: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY - THE FINAL CUT. "THE FINAL CUT" sets out to create the ultimate STAR WARS viewing experience by combining the best aspects of both the "Special Editions" and the Theatrical versions of each film in the acclaimed ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Controversial changes such as Greedo shooting first, Vader yelling "nooo!", distracting CGI additions, and many others have been removed and restored to their original THEATRICAL VERSIONS – while beneficial changes such as updated visual effects, added dialogue, and extended scenes have all been retained from the newer "SPECIAL EDITION" releases. Other subtle new enhancements have been added that are not present in any officially released version. Please enjoy this first look at the never-before-seen cut of the Star Wars Original Trilogy, remastered in 4K Ultra-HD – coming May 25th (the original 'Star Wars Day').

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

14 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Just watched this and though it was cool enough to share!

May the 4th be with you! Watch the trailer for my newest edit: STAR WARS: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY - THE FINAL CUT. "THE FINAL CUT" sets out to create the ultimate STAR WARS viewing experience by combining the best aspects of both the "Special Editions" and the Theatrical versions of each film in the acclaimed ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Controversial changes such as Greedo shooting first, Vader yelling "nooo!", distracting CGI additions, and many others have been removed and restored to their original THEATRICAL VERSIONS – while beneficial changes such as updated visual effects, added dialogue, and extended scenes have all been retained from the newer "SPECIAL EDITION" releases. Other subtle new enhancements have been added that are not present in any officially released version. Please enjoy this first look at the never-before-seen cut of the Star Wars Original Trilogy, remastered in 4K Ultra-HD – coming May 25th (the original 'Star Wars Day').

I LOVE some good fan edits, done with love and respect of the source material, like this. Also, that narrator was epic and sounded just like I'd have expected back in the day! 

Edited by MaximumRD

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

12 hours ago, MaximumRD said:

I LOVE some good fan edits, done with love and respect of the source material, like this. Also, that narrator was epic and sounded just like I'd have expected back in the day! 

Editing movies is actually quite fun!  I NEVER re-upload the ones I do, because of copyright issues.  One of my favorites was a Chinese RomCom that had an ending that was not true to the original series.  So I turned on the VPN, went on a mission to find some foreign footage of the film, found a different ending and then moved some footage from the middle, removed some and then tacked on the "proper ending".  So instead of it all being a "dream", it was "real" with a happy ending.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

That would be nice to see, and I hope that Disney doesn't try to shut it down b/c there is room for both original & final cuts (see Blade Runner).

The main thing that bothered me about the original trilogy was that versions of the movies we all loved in the 80's were considered by George Lucas as "mistakes" and the "improved" versions he had in mind due to improved technology were...eh, not that good from a writing standpoint.