Who needs old school labels?

RickR

I have one, but actually I rarely use it as they start to peel after a while. Still, they are retro-cool. Can the "tape" for them still be bought? I think I ran out of it for mine.

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

I LOVE these Dymo labelers! I use these sorts of labels all the time, Rick. They're durable and have a nice vintage look to them that is absolutely timeless. I love things that are classic and industrial-grade like these, particularly the labeler you pictured above. Dymo refills are available at Target and Walmart. Unfortunately what I have now is a modern plastic version which just isn't cutting it. Did you get yours on eBay?

Of course, now that you mention the old school Dymo labeler, AA just launched the newest homebrew 2600 games and one of them, Lady Bug CE, is a limited edition numbered with a Dymo Labeler!

2600_LadyBugCE_NumberedCarts.jpg2600_LadyBugCE_NumberedBox.jpg

I'm the proud owner of #72/99!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Also, the other day when I was pulling out my systems to take to Houston for the expo, I came across my Dad's old Dymo labelers. Along with extra tape...... I actually have (not much) "woodgrain" looking Dymo tape!!! How awesome would that look if atari.io starts publishing a limited edition game for the 2600 and have them numbered in woodgrain......... sweet!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Man...all the cool stuff we use to have is now either labeled as "hazardous", has "offended" someone, or is "too violent".  I'm beginning to think we had all the cool stuff during my childhood.  I mean Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown was hilarious!  I know I'm getting off subject it seems like but rest assured I am only stating that the cool stuff, and the companies that made them, seem to be left in a time long gone.  It's cool to see these although I never used them.  

Archived