Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Star Trek: Discovery

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 518 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Episode 11 was great! Just fantastic! This show could stay in the mirror universe the rest of season and I wouldn't be mad. I'm glad that they are wrapping the plot threads and confirming some fan theories. I saw the Georgiou twist coming but I loved how they pulled it off. Only four episodes left. The big question: What is Lorca up to?

#22 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 491 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

I can't believe the season is almost over and that we don't know when season 2 will start!  We know it is approved and they are working on it but there is no date set.  I will be cancelling my CBS All Access while the show is not being aired, though.

• RickR and atarilbc like this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#23 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,998 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

You guys think they'll release Discovery on DVD?  Because I'd probably do that. 

• atarilbc likes this

#24 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 491 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

I'd guess they will once the entire season is over, particularly since the next season may not be out until 2019.  They'll want to monetize on it.

• atarilbc likes this

#25 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 518 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:13 AM

The other option is to sign up for a trial subscription, binge all 15 episode, cancel. :)
  • MaximumRD likes this

#26 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 518 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:56 AM

Well, last night was the Season 1 finale. The plot moved a little quickly in order to tie up loose plot threads but overall it was very fun and entertaining. Also, I don't want to spoil the end here, but it was very cool in a fan service way.

Personally, I think it was the best first season of a trek series since TOS and believe they will really find their feet in Season 2. If you haven't given it a shot, I highly recommend getting a trial subscription to All Access. As I said above, you can watch it in a week for free and cancel until 2019, when the show returns. ;)

My five favorite episodes so far:

07 - Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad
01 - The Vulcan Hello
11 - The Wolf Inside
13 - What's Past is Prologue
06 - Lethe

#27 Atarileaf

Atarileaf

Cherry Member

• 35 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:07 AM

That last shot made me actually stand up and cheer the way I do when my Leafs score a goal :D

• atarilbc likes this

#28 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 491 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

The last scene had me screaming "yes" at the TV repeatedly, rewinding and rewatching.  I will admit to have gotten teary eyed.  LOL  I can't believe we have to wait almost a year for the next season! I did cancel my CBS All Access subscription since Discovery was the only reason I had it.  I will join again when Discovery returns. 

• atarilbc and Atarileaf like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users