How's the weather there?

MaximumRD

Here you can discuss the weather recent, currently, coming etc. Now, get off my lawn! 

Getting way too warm for my liking this week. 🥵🌵

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by MaximumRD

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Posted (edited)

Currently:

On the upside, heading out of town today, about an hour's drive to Brunch at a winery. Pricey but nice according to Melissa, I'll post in my outings thread later. 🧐

😰

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by MaximumRD

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

7 hours ago, RickR said:

Almost the same forecast here.  It is interesting (not in a good way) when mild Portland has the same heat forecast as sunny Miami!

image.png

Looking at this again and just realized that the temperature difference between highs and lows are absolutely nuts!  30 degrees some days!  Wow!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

35 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Looking at this again and just realized that the temperature difference between highs and lows are absolutely nuts!  30 degrees some days!  Wow!

The secret to keeping the house cool in this area is to open up windows in the early morning and close them up before it gets warm around 11am.  And we rarely have humidity at all. 

10 hours ago, RickR said:

The secret to keeping the house cool in this area is to open up windows in the early morning and close them up before it gets warm around 11am.  And we rarely have humidity at all. 

Not having humidity definitely helps! 

3 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I really should install the portable AC units that I bought a year ago. They've sat in the box unopened as I was dealing with surgery and back issues, but I am well enough now.

That is a good idea.  No reason to tolerate this heat if you don't have to. 

7 hours ago, RickR said:

Yes.  Yes you should.  🙂 

I find it is a lot easier to get a good night's sleep with the AC going when it is super hot like this.  I've also found our solar panels pretty much make AC free.  Win/win. 

4 hours ago, TrekMD said:

That is a good idea.  No reason to tolerate this heat if you don't have to. 

And I did! Yay~~ thanks for the motivation 🙂 My sons' rooms and ours are now hooked up with portable AC, and they're working very well.

We got HAZY but sunny skies but more, thankfully, a break by about 5 or so degrees below the extreme heat we've had the past couple weeks plus low humidity. Makes a big difference to our tolerance levels. 

1.jpg

Screenshot-2024-07-24-143145.jpg

- M. Bison

1 minute ago, RickR said:

Same here.  It  has cooled off quite a bit and it has been really nice.  I can actually do stuff outside or in the garage in the evenings.

image.png

Exactly, nice to feel like actually doing things!

Forgot to mention the HAZE is likely from fires in surrounding towns/areas, it's a BC thing, and we had major lighting storms in surrounding areas, just keeping fingers crossed there is no repeat of major fires too close to us, at least to the point of being on evac alert. I am hoping last year was enough that the reinforced fire walls on Know mountain as well as what was already burned off keeps us here in Kelowna alert free for a few years, I don't need the anxiety like last summer. 😬

- M. Bison