Squad Challenge - Devil’s Crush (TG16) Dragon’s Fury (Genesis) Double Feature!

Justin

This isn't my High Score but I'm posting this anyway. I'm really proud of this score. My previous score was 107,287,300, but that was with a 100,000,000 special points bonus that I'm still not sure how I attained. Basically 7,287,300 plus that bonus. The score I'm sharing today is 78,946,500 was achieved without any hitting any substantial bonuses. I just played through a fairly uneventful but long game and came out with this score. You may have watched me get this score live on Instagram. Felt good about this and wanted to share with you guys.

IMG_2291.JPG

I just want to say thanks for picking this game.  I'd never played it before this challenge.  I now I consider it the best video pinball game I've ever played. 

And now I realize how advanced the TG-16 really was.  It's version is better than the Genesis version.  I'm going to see if there are other games these two systems have in common to compare. 

1 hour ago, RickR said:

I just want to say thanks for picking this game.  I'd never played it before this challenge.  I now I consider it the best video pinball game I've ever played. 

And now I realize how advanced the TG-16 really was.  It's version is better than the Genesis version.  I'm going to see if there are other games these two systems have in common to compare. 

You're welcome @RickR ☺️ This is the entire idea of having Squad Challenges, not just to flex nerd cred but to inspire us to explore different video game systems and experience new games that we may come to enjoy for years to come.

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Everyone!

PLINK PLINK PLINK!! Congratulations everyone on a great game! This was only our second TurboGrafx-16 Squad Challenge, our first Sega Genesis Challenge and our first Double Feature, and this turned out tremendously well! To see this level of participation and enthusiasm is extremely encouraging! I'm pleased to see so many of you jump in and take part in this challenge, and I'm absolutely thrilled to see RickR become a TurboGrafx-16 owner and get his hands on a Turbo EverDrive. A few others have been talking about this in the chat as well. That's what these Squad Challenges are all about! I hope in some way this challenge and the forums in general encouraged Rick to give TurboGrafx-16 a try.

:wreck-it-ralph: I want to welcome new member @waKKo TV to the forums who participated in this challenge and posted a really respectable score of 7,758,700. Welcome to the forums wakko, it's great to have you here! I hope you had fun playing Devil's Crush and will join us again for High Score Squad again in the future! 

I posted a score of 107,287,300 playing Devil's Crush on TurboDuo. Atari Creep had a super strong showing with 22,237,100 points achieved on Sega Genesis. Kamakazi20012 and btbfilms76 were right on his tail with 12,516,100 and 12,251,000 respectively. RickR, TrekMD and waKKo TV round out the challenge with their very best! All of you showed how it was done, a huge congratulations to everybody who turned out for this Squad Challenge and posted absolutely incredible scores!

I hope everybody had fun with this game! I love pinball and think this is one of the best pinball video games of all time and it looks like some of you agree! I'll be opening Devil's Crush up in the Scoreboard, I'd love to continue this challenge there over the coming years and see how far we can take this game!

2019 will be changing it up in High Score Squad with new challenges for Lynx, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Atari ST, Jaguar, 5200, TurboGrafx-16, Intellivision, ColecoVision, and much much more, in addition to the usual lineup of video game systems. We may even have an Arcade challenge! Be ready to play all of these game systems, we'll be breaking new ground with more interesting Squad Challenges coming up very soon and throughout the year, and we hope to see you there. Way to go everybody!

DEVIL'S CRUSH FINAL STANDINGS

1   JUSTIN                         107,287,300

2   ATARI CREEP                 22,237,100

3   KAMAKAZI20012          12,516,100

4   BTBFILMS76                  12,251,000

5   RICKR                              11,117,600

6   TREKMD                            8,338,600

7   WAKKO TV                        7,758,700

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

On 2/1/2019 at 12:34 PM, Justin said:

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Everyone!

PLINK PLINK PLINK!! Congratulations everyone on a great game! This was only our second TurboGrafx-16 Squad Challenge, our first Sega Genesis Challenge and our first Double Feature, and this turned out tremendously well! To see this level of participation and enthusiasm is extremely encouraging! I'm pleased to see so many of you jump in and take part in this challenge, and I'm absolutely thrilled to see RickR become a TurboGrafx-16 owner and get his hands on a Turbo EverDrive. A few others have been talking about this in the chat as well. That's what these Squad Challenges are all about! I hope in some way this challenge and the forums in general encouraged Rick to give TurboGrafx-16 a try.

:wreck-it-ralph: I want to welcome new member @waKKo TV to the forums who participated in this challenge and posted a really respectable score of 7,758,700. Welcome to the forums wakko, it's great to have you here! I hope you had fun playing Devil's Crush and will join us again for High Score Squad again in the future! 

I posted a score of 107,287,300 playing Devil's Crush on TurboDuo. Atari Creep had a super strong showing with 22,237,100 points achieved on Sega Genesis. Kamakazi20012 and btbfilms76 were right on his tail with 12,516,100 and 12,251,000 respectively. RickR, TrekMD and waKKo TV round out the challenge with their very best! All of you showed how it was done, a huge congratulations to everybody who turned out for this Squad Challenge and posted absolutely incredible scores!

I hope everybody had fun with this game! I love pinball and think this is one of the best pinball video games of all time and it looks like some of you agree! I'll be opening Devil's Crush up in the Scoreboard, I'd love to continue this challenge there over the coming years and see how far we can take this game!

2019 will be changing it up in High Score Squad with new challenges for Lynx, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Atari ST, Jaguar, 5200, TurboGrafx-16, Intellivision, ColecoVision, and much much more, in addition to the usual lineup of video game systems. We may even have an Arcade challenge! Be ready to play all of these game systems, we'll be breaking new ground with more interesting Squad Challenges coming up very soon and throughout the year, and we hope to see you there. Way to go everybody!

DEVIL'S CRUSH FINAL STANDINGS

1   JUSTIN                         107,287,300

2   ATARI CREEP                 22,237,100

3   KAMAKAZI20012          12,516,100

4   BTBFILMS76                  12,251,000

5   RICKR                              11,117,600

6   TREKMD                            8,338,600

7   WAKKO TV                        7,758,700

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Fantastic job everyone. Great scores all around! This one was so fun.

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

Devil's Crush DOUBLE VISION livestream on Instagram with @btbfilms76 and @Justin

This is a Devil's Crush livestream I did with BTB on Instagram a few days ago when we were getting ready to wrap up this Squad Challenge. I love doing these, we've been doing a lot of livestreams on Instagram recently. I've been uploading them to YouTube and will be doing some YouTube Live events as well. Be sure to subscribe to our new Atari I/O Live YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbfnsdt3CQSy5aE8PY6hjvg

Enjoy: