Turbo EverDrive - Best TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine games to start out with!

Justin

I’m thrilled to see so much interest in the TurboGrafx-16 since we held our Devil’s Crush Squad Challenge recently! A Turbo EverDrive is a must-have accessory if you’re just getting started with a TurboGrafx system. Below is a list of the best games to start out with.

You can pick up a Turbo EverDrive for sale at Stone Age Gamer. Here is the Turbo EverDrive with the same configuration as the one I bought. If you have a TurboGrafx system of any kind, I highly recommend getting your hands on one of these:

https://stoneagegamer.com/turbo-everdrive-black.html

The Turbo EverDrive supports American and Japanese HuCard (TurboChip) games for TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine, but does not support CD games. Many of the Super CD games in particular were sooo good. Having an EverDrive made me step aside from the Super CDs and appreciate all of the good HuCard games released for TurboGrafx-16.

@btbfilms76 and @MaximumRD also have Turbo EverDrives and might be able to offer some good recommendations of games they think would be best to start out with. I've been talking TurboGrafx with them for years and they always have good insights.

Top Picks 

• Air Zonk
  • Blazing Lazers
  • Bomberman ‘93
  • Bonk’s Revenge
  • Cadash
  • Devil’s Crush
  • The Legendary Axe
  • Magical Chase
  • Neutopia
  • Ninja Spirit
  • R-Type
  • Soldier Blade
  • Splatterhouse

More good games to try

• Alien Crush
  • Bonk III - Bonk’s Big Adventure
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Final Lap Twin
  • Galaga ‘90
  • Klax
  • Military Madness
  • New Adventure Island
  • Pac-Land
  • Parasol Stars (Bubble Bobble)
  • Raiden
  • Space Harrier
  • Super Star Soldier
  • Chase H.Q.
  • Victory Run

PC Engine 

• Batman
  • Bomberman ‘94
  • Bomberman Users Battle
  • Columns
  • Die Hard
  • Gekisha Boy
  • Gomola Speed
  • Gradius
  • Gunhed - Hudson Gunhed Taikai (2-5 min Blazing Lazers Caravan game)
  • Kato-chan & Ken-chan
  • Space Invaders
  • Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  • Toilet Kids
  • Xevious

Hah well you certainly covered all the ones off the top of my head AND MORE. I've little experience with PCegine titles in general, hopefully, maybe over the next week or so I can get around to trying more games and contribute here. 😍

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

3 hours ago, MaximumRD said:

Hah well you certainly covered all the ones off the top of my head AND MORE. I've little experience with PCegine titles in general, hopefully, maybe over the next week or so I can get around to trying more games and contribute here. 😍

Thanks for your input @MaximumRD!