Entertaining images / pictures

MaximumRD

Maybe not entertaining so much but I am proud of it. 

KALAMALKA LAKE LOOKOUT (Vernon) -  Panoramic taken by me today while out with guests visiting Wineries. 😎

IMG_3170.JPG

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I just saw these and it is fascinating.  Had to share the whole thing...

The Derinkuyu underground city
•It is an ancient multi-level underground city in the Derinkuyu district in Cappadocia region, Turkey.
•There are 36 underground cities in Cappadocia and the deepest one is "Derinkuyu underground city".
•It's consists of 18 levels ,extending to a depth of approximately 60 metres (200 ft) , each level connected to the next level by a hallway with a stone door.
•Now only 8 are open to the public.
•It is large enough to have sheltered as many as 20,000 people together with their livestock and food stores.
•It contains (stables, cellars, storage rooms, kitchens, churches, rockcut tomps ,wineries etc.)
•Apart from these, a large room with a barrel vaulted ceiling on the second floor was a missionary school, on the left there's some study rooms.
•It is clear that the people planned to be completely self-sufficient.
•More than fifty ventilation shafts brought in air from above, while thousands of smaller ducts distributed that air throughout the entire city.
•The age of Derinkuyu and who built it are uncertain.
•Thus, if the Hittites built it, as a number of scholars believe, it may have been well before 1200 BCE.

The Derinkuyu Underground City (1).jpg

The Derinkuyu Underground City (2).jpg

The Derinkuyu Underground City (3).jpg

The Derinkuyu Underground City (4).jpg

The Derinkuyu Underground City (5).jpg

The Derinkuyu Underground City (6).jpg

The Derinkuyu Underground City (7).jpg

The Derinkuyu Underground City (8).jpg

The Derinkuyu Underground City (9).jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...