Entertaining images / pictures

MaximumRD

Found THIS on a wallpaper site with no context or description. Feel like it belongs here, feel I SHOULD know the origin but cannot for the life of me figure it out. 🤔🤷‍♂️

8mqur7bhwspb1.jpg

UPDATE: Well that didn't take long, within 15 minutes of posting the image on Facebook with the same question someone replied with the answer! 

Apparently, it's Artwork for an upcoming VR game with a nostalgic VIBE. 🤷‍♂️Figured I'd update here and save anyone the running around in case they were curious as well 😝

Description: 

Pixel Ripped 1978 released a new launch trailer before arriving on Quest, Steam and PSVR 2.

Developed by ARVORE, Pixel Ripped 1978 follows a similar pattern to the series' previous games - 1989, 1995 and the On The Road spin-off. Published by Atari, this retro-themed adventure sees you playing as Dot, a video game designer working at Atari's headquarters in Sunnyvale. Travelling between different classic games to stop the Cyblin Lord, we got a closer look during the UploadVR Summer Showcase 2023.

https://www.uploadvr.com/pixel-ripped-1978-launch-trailer/

It IS an ATARI game for VR platforms where you are an Atari Employee 

Edited by MaximumRD

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

7 hours ago, MaximumRD said:

Apparently, it's Artwork for an upcoming VR game with a nostalgic VIBE. 🤷‍♂️Figured I'd update here and save anyone the running around in case they were curious as well 😝

Description: 

Pixel Ripped 1978 released a new launch trailer before arriving on Quest, Steam and PSVR 2.

Picked this up the day it was available!  Very much recommend.  It's a relatively simple, casual, and enjoyable playthrough with plentiful Atari flavor!