My very own first SNES game -- NBA Jam TE

socrates63

I picked up an SNES couple of weeks ago to use for CRT TV calibration. Yesterday, I visited Pink Gorilla in Seattle and saw NBA Jam TE hanging on the rack and decided to buy my first ever SNES game. I don't know my SNES carts from NES carts so had to check with the store clerk first 🙂

Why this game? It was a game that I played a lot during the early to mid-90s. My girlfriend's brothers had an SNES and NBA Jam. We played basketball together regularly and also played NBA Jam. I loved it for its over-the-top silliness and game mechanics and especially for Shawn The Reign Man Kemp and Gary The Glove Payton repping the Seattle SuperSonics. Looking for to the BOOM-shakalaka 

DSC07113.JPG

I've heard of Pink Gorilla.  Kelsey owns those I believe.  

Awesome game!  I had an NBA Jam on the Genesis.  I'm not a huge fan of typical sports games but Jam was different and a lot of fun.  

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Very cool! Great memories. I always love hearing about people's first video game, and the first game they had for each system. Usually the first game is always something special, a big reason they bought the system to begin with.

Yep.  I grabbed an SNES when it came out just for F-Zero.  That was it.  I have favorites on there other than F-Zero but F-Zero was all I really needed.  Top Gear, Zelda, SimCity, Gradius III, Super E.D.F., and a few others I had but F-Zero got the most play time.

My SNES library has grown 1,300% from one game to now thirteen total. I thought the old guys were the ones who corrupted the youth of the city, but in the I/O it's the youth corrupting the old. Even a week ago, I didn't think I'd add more games beyond NBA Jam TE to my little SNES collection.

Man, the labels on these huge cartridges are just too small. Here's the list of games:

• Actraiser 1 and 2
  • Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3
  • F-Zero
  • Illusion of Gaia
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch Out
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors

DSC07149.JPG.5b485bc17272166f70fdaaf147aa127f.JPG

18 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

My SNES library has grown 1,300% from one game to now thirteen total. I thought the old guys were the ones who corrupted the youth of the city, but in the I/O it's the youth corrupting the old. Even a week ago, I didn't think I'd add more games beyond NBA Jam TE to my little SNES collection.

Man, the labels on these huge cartridges are just too small. Here's the list of games:

• Actraiser 1 and 2
  • Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3
  • F-Zero
  • Illusion of Gaia
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch Out
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors

DSC07149.JPG.5b485bc17272166f70fdaaf147aa127f.JPG

Ha ha! You have been corrupted by me! Now you will buy ALL of the Super NES games! Mwa ha ha!

These all look like great games. I haven't played DKC2 and DKC3, Gaia, Actraiser 1 & 2, and Zombies ate my Neighbors. 

The others, on the other hand, I have played. All are exceptional games. 

And you know what is coming...

PLAY SUPER METROID RIGHT NOW!!! DO IT!!! NOW!!! DON'T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT PLAY SUPER METROID!!! DO IT! DO IT! DON'T BE LIKE @RickR AND TUNNEL RUNNER AND WAIT 4,000 YEARS! TURN ON THE SNES AND PLAY IT NOOOOOOOW!!!!!!