Name That Atari Game Via Screenshot! - May 2021 Forum Game

2 hours ago, chas10e said:

is "Solar Storm" an Atari game ?

Yes it is! (Games have to appear on a retro Atari system or computer, they do not have to be made by Atari)

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

4 hours ago, RickR said:

Atari 2600

aio.png

Finally figured it out.

SPACE JOCKEY!

And here I was trying to figure out what game has a mouse with a big gun on its back 🤣

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

That 8-bit ET game isn't perfect.  But it's a huge improvement over the 2600 version without the "HSW" and "worst game of all time" hype.  I remember buying it on clearance sale (along with Final Legacy) from Kay-Bee Toys.  I was blown away back then. 

I'll stick with the Atari 8-bit.  Hint:  This game is terrible.  I never understood the popularity until I saw the Commodore 64 version, which is much better.

aio.gif

Forbidden Forest?

And the bigger question... did Cosmi ever make anything good for the Atari? I always loved the art and images on the packaging. I can't remember which ones, but I bought a couple of Cosmi games back in the day, and they were horrible. I think even back then that their prices were in line with budget titles. I could be wrong about that.

Edited by socrates63

9 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Forbidden Forest?

And the bigger question... did Cosmi ever make anything good for the Atari? I always loved the art and images on the packaging. I can't remember which ones, but I bought a couple of Cosmi games back in the day, and they were horrible. I think even back then that their prices were in line with budget titles. I could be wrong about that.

Forbidden Forest is correct!

Cosmi was most definitely in the budget price range.  I had a few of them too, and I think they were $10 for tapes.  You're right...the artwork was an A+, but the games were pretty bad.  I had Forbidden Forest and it was awful.  The C64 version is a lot better (with the cool music and parallax scrolling) but still seems overrated to me. 

forbidden_forest.gif