Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

12 minutes ago, RickR said:

That is really good to know.  My setup is similar, only I'm using a Sony receiver.  If I ever upgrade, I will try to stick to the Sony brand for this reason. 

I'm not surprised that the older remote still works. Heck, I've got Samsung TV remotes that are nearly 20 years old that still work on the current Samsung TVs for most of the functions needed. But it did surprise me that the fact my old remote with more buttons for quick instant access to functions works in the same way as the old one on the new, but yet Yamaha reduced the functionality of the current remotes which forces you to have to go through more steps to get to the same thing?

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

2 minutes ago, Smell Dawg said:

Also an owner of a 15yo Yamaha receiver - that remote is a beast, for sure!  But once you get used to it, you don't want to go back!!

Oddly enough my first experience with Yamaha gear like this was the older receiver I purchased 12 years ago as an open box from Best Buy for around $100. It was a 5.1 surround with the inputs I wanted and needed at that time and I wanted a surround receiver for my PS3 console as I had been using an old Onkyo that was stereo only made sometime in the 80s. But when the left channel started to go out on it again for like the 3rd time I decided to get a full surround receiver. 

My preference has actually been Onkyo for stuff like this given how long lived my other Onkyo stuff has been. But I will say that the current Onkyo in the living room that is only about 6 or so years old, I already had to pull the input boar off it and replace the caps when the HDMI inputs stopped working reliably, but the Yamaha? Never an issue with that thing not once! So when this newer model was on sale as an open box for under $300, I decided to go for it since it was basically the updated version of what I was already using.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

26 minutes ago, OniDensetsu said:

The back side

image (1).jpg

I assume that has the Tim W RGB kit in it and you added the component daughterboard to it? Too bad we can't get those kits anymore as they did work pretty well. Although, I did get one DOA and another that burned out within 24 hours of use during burn in testing out of the 4 total RGB kits I've even installed...

Did you add in the extra button to control the other functions anywhere on the console?

3 hours ago, OniDensetsu said:

Of course Crossbow. Its hidden under the unit near the Atari Logo. 
This is one of my very first mods back in 2017 or so.

IMG_2862.jpg

Oh nice! I actually had at least one client I installed it for request I NOT install that extra function button. So I wired one up just enough to lock it into NTSC mode only and told them they could never have RF output again without a button being installed to disable the RGB. They said no problem as they never wanted to see that RF output again. So the cable was removed as well.

On 7/19/2024 at 2:37 PM, socrates63 said:

I was out of town for a few days and came home to find a package from Edladdin--my Super RX controller arrived. I have wanted an arcade cab quality all-button controller since I tried playing Asteroids on the 2600 as a kid those many years ago.

I previously tried the Starplex and a custom Retrogameboyz all-button controller. Both were too small and narrow for me, and I got hand cramps. While I haven't had a chance yet to play games with the Super RX, it is much wider than those other controllers. Of course the buttons feel great given Ed uses arcade quality name brand parts.

My Atari controller Mt. Rushmore is now complete and nearly all made up with Edladdin controllers.

• all-button controller (Super RX)
  • 4-way joystick (Supreme 78 All-play 4/8)
  • twin stick (Super Twin 78)
  • track ball (Atari CX22, CX53)

IMG-2663.jpg

Mine just arrived! I gave it a quick spin and it is amazing. I'll be putting away my Starplex contollers as this will become my default for Asteroids and side-to-side shooters. It's going to be an All Asteroids weekend (including variants and homebrews). @socrates63 thank you for sharing your purchase. I would have never known about this controller. It's still available at the pre-production price. 

IMG_6016.jpg

Edited by sramirez2008