Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

Cool TI stuff @RickR

@TrekMD great stuff as always! I was on the fence about Professor Mariarti. I really wanted to pick up several games from MWGC but my wallet objected 🙁 Maybe some of the games will still be available later.

Now on to my latest pickup… I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Twin Stick from Edladdin. Six months ago, I bought a pair of 5200 Redemption adapters in anticipation of getting the Twin Stick at some point in the future. Now I am ready to conquer dungeons in space and hordes of robots on the SuperSystem in style. The Twin Stick is actually smaller than I expected. I thought it would be as big as the All-Play 4/8, but it is narrower in width which is great.

IMG_2397.jpeg.7cfb9af42c41c97da67d61ad1937da7b.jpeg

IMG_2400.jpeg.fb3bd295d42fca6aa7ad9a433b7d244a.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg.34e3d1f1bda5fcad2d90172667175b55.jpeg

9 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Twin Stick from Edladdin.

That thing is THE BOMB!  I love it.  I've been wanting to get one of those, but I get stuck on which system to get it for.  Colecovision makes the most sense to me, yet that is one system I rarely play....but is it due to the uncomfortable controllers?  Is this a chicken/egg thing?  Buy the Edladdin and the gaming will come?  Mental paradox -- somebody help me! 

On 5/8/2024 at 12:09 AM, socrates63 said:

Cool TI stuff @RickR

@TrekMD great stuff as always! I was on the fence about Professor Mariarti. I really wanted to pick up several games from MWGC but my wallet objected 🙁 Maybe some of the games will still be available later.

Now on to my latest pickup… I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Twin Stick from Edladdin. Six months ago, I bought a pair of 5200 Redemption adapters in anticipation of getting the Twin Stick at some point in the future. Now I am ready to conquer dungeons in space and hordes of robots on the SuperSystem in style. The Twin Stick is actually smaller than I expected. I thought it would be as big as the All-Play 4/8, but it is narrower in width which is great.

IMG_2400.jpeg.fb3bd295d42fca6aa7ad9a433b7d244a.jpeg

The Sega Genesis Arcade Power Stick is one of my favorites too.

14 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Had this waiting for me today.  I will need to get a cart shell but it looks that I will need to make a hole on the side to be able to change the micro SD card's content.

HNkeVnn.jpg

Doc Trek a la Doc Holliday -- quick trigger! Let us know your experience when you get a chance.

I tried three times after receiving the restock email, and all three times, it was no longer in stock when I got to the website. Still trying 🙂

At least he will keep on making them, so just keep on trying @socrates63!  I ordered a 3D printed case for this.  Unfortunately, that will make it nearly impossible to get to the micro SD card slot.  So, there are two potential solutions:

1.  fosa 48cm SD to SD Card Extender Extension Cable

2. TF Memory Card Extension Adapter - Only Micro SD Card Extender Module

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

10 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Doc Trek a la Doc Holliday -- quick trigger! Let us know your experience when you get a chance.

I tried three times after receiving the restock email, and all three times, it was no longer in stock when I got to the website. Still trying 🙂

I never told how I was able to get it.  I was at the gym!  I set a calendar reminder for 2 minutes before they went on sale and then I just reloaded the page on my phone until they became available and ordered.  Within minutes they were gone!  May be the only way to get them!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

9 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I never told how I was able to get it.  I was at the gym!  I set a calendar reminder for 2 minutes before they went on sale and then I just reloaded the page on my phone until they became available and ordered.  Within minutes they were gone!  May be the only way to get them!

I missed out as well, but I’ll keep trying.

Recent mail call -- Tetris and Tennis are my favorite-est games on the OG Game Boy. Back in the day, I spent the vast majority of my GB time playing those two games. I recently played Tennis on my Analogue Pocket on a flight for work. I found it still as fun after all these decades. GB Tennis is the reason why I buy Mario Tennis on all the Nintendo platforms that I own.

I recently found the Tennis box with manual and inserts sans cartridge on ebay and snatched it up, so now my Tennis cartridge is CIB. I also picked up JP releases of Tennis and Mario Tennis. 

IMG_2453.jpeg.e7b09b8beb689423cb1fc4401d73f613.jpeg

On 5/12/2024 at 8:40 PM, TrekMD said:

Had this waiting for me today.  I will need to get a cart shell but it looks that I will need to make a hole on the side to be able to change the micro SD card's content.

HNkeVnn.jpg

Here is my pair of 2600 movie carts.  I have two of them because I was one of the final testers. So one of these is a slightly earlier model that works on most 2600s, and 7800s after a FW update to it.  The other is the latest version that is being sold now and works on all variants to the best of my knowledge. 

I'm still trying to figure out the best settings to use for the encoding. But it has been to mess with.  The unlabeled cart is in an old pac man shell and I believe it is the earlier revision.  The labeled one doesn't have an opening on the side but I did cut out a circle in the label to be able to take cartridge apart so I can swap out movie files.

20240517_073231.jpg.55a5853bec9e1de325f2b26717833171.jpg

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections