Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

3 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Here's my latest arrival.  These are CD for these Intellivision games.  There's a fifth disk but I cannot post what it is.  🙂

iyfjKKE.jpg

Are these audio soundtracks or do these somehow play on Intellivision?

12 hours ago, RickR said:

AtariAge order finally arrived! 

I like to imagine what would have happened if these two had been released by Atari back in the day.  I think we all would have lost our collective minds. 

PXL_20240318_004906438.MP.jpg

These are two of the best. No doubt about it. Always liked the homage to the Haynes car manuals by the Draconian manual. 

Edited by sramirez2008

32 minutes ago, RickR said:

I will!

Draconian is probably my favorite homebrew so far.  Astoundingly good.  I love the speech.  It's easy to find a difficulty level that I can deal with, plus it ramps up very fairly. 

Star Castle is also really good, but boy is it difficult. 

I recommend playing Star Castle with a Starplex controller if you have or can purchase one. It’s my go-to for this game, Asteroids and any side-to-side shooter like Space Invaders. I have several in my collection, but this loose one was my first purchase ~2008 and still works as designed to this day.

IMG_4290.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008

2 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I recommend playing Star Castle with a Starplex controller if you have or can purchase one. It’s my go-to for this game, Asteroids and any side-to-side shooter like Space Invaders. I have several in my collection, but this loose one was my first purchase ~2008 and still works as designed to this day.

IMG_4290.jpeg

Oooh, good idea.  I hadn't thought of that.  I have a Retrogameboys button controller for Asteroids.  I'll try that.  Thanks.

My latest big box game from Avalon Hills for the Atari 400/800. I think I have six or seven of them now. This one represents the time that many of us grew up in -- the 80s and the Cold War. There were frequent news headlines and stories about the possibility of nuclear war and the aftermath (anyone watch the The Day After?), and that was going to be the end of humanity. Now, it's all about global warming and climate change.

Anyways, back to the game -- it's in great physical condition and came with all the inserts in addition to the manual and map.

IMG_2172.jpeg.ec0885b5f1141ee39681635c86e05c81.jpeg

On 3/17/2024 at 7:23 PM, RickR said:

AtariAge order finally arrived! 

I like to imagine what would have happened if these two had been released by Atari back in the day.  I think we all would have lost our collective minds. 

PXL_20240318_004906438.MP.jpg

Lucky! I'm still waiting for mine (6/22/23). I should have got Star Castle too. Had I known Champ Games would produce their own games it would definitely have been in my order. Oh well.

I added a couple more Evercade cartridges to the collection. I was a little surprised when I saw the DataEast Collection available in Amazon. Songbird Productions has been out of stock for a long time, and I thought it was out of print. I crossed my fingers that it wasn't a listing error for the DataEast Arcade Collection, and it wasn't. It's still available here if you're missing it in your collection.

IMG_2192.jpeg.f8e9133c42c37a51f96c262e2f5ed1e3.jpeg 

1 hour ago, socrates63 said:

I never expected to add Vectrex releases from the 80s to my collection, but I did just that 🙂 Before adding these, I only had three, and everything else in my Vectrex collection were homebrews. I also picked up three cartridges by Binary Star.

IMG_2296.jpeg.2f42d4aeb1f76d8e5214fc7ed1b7b92d.jpeg

That is awesome! I have a few of those games, but many of mine are loose carts only. Although I did recently pick up a nicer condition CIB of Clean Sweep so I guess I have another one to add to my trade and for sale pile now. Vectrex games are really fun to play and the conversions done for it still feel like they have that arcade quality to them. Even on the games that weren't originally vector based. Narzod is the newest game I was able to pick up for my Veccy collection a few months back. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

2 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I never expected to add Vectrex releases from the 80s to my collection, but I did just that 🙂 Before adding these, I only had three, and everything else in my Vectrex collection were homebrews. I also picked up three cartridges by Binary Star.

Very nice!  Most of my Vectrex games are homebrews.  I have multicarts with the entire library of original games, so I have only a handful of original games that are boxed.  Those looks really good! 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

12 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Nice! Most of my games are homebrews too, but here are my originals. 

IMG_4545.jpg

Yup, multicarts are The Way. I started my Vectrex collection by buying Sean Kelly's multicart and his set of repro overlays. I have since added the VecMulti and PiTrex but haven't gotten around to using them.

@sramirez2008 that Star Castle! I needs it 😆 I played it as much as my poor kid pocket would allow. The convenience store next to my apartment had the Star Castle coin op. I got the 2600 homebrew but there's nothing like playing with vector graphics.

11 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

The convenience store next to my apartment had the Star Castle coin op. I got the 2600 homebrew but there's nothing like playing with vector graphics.

I used to play it in a Pizza shop, a block away from our home. Last time I played it was several years ago at Yestercades in Redbank NJ. I have the 2600 version too, but 100% agree that there's nothing like playing with vector graphics.

Edited by sramirez2008