Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

10 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Nice find!  And it is sealed.  I see the sticker that it is not for use with the 7800.  What's the issue with this game and the 7800?

Mid era made 7800s don't work with the game unless you disable the extra timing circuit on the 7800 first. But doing that will then break 2600 Dark Chambers and 2600 Kung Fu master from working. So I guess Activision felt it was better to add that sticker on later made copies of the game so they didn't have to field support calls on why the game didn't work in a customer's 7800. Again, it only really effects those 7800s with the extra timing circuit. But consumers had no way of knowing if that was in their 7800 or not, so this was the best way to avoid it.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

That's a nice looking controller. What's the button on the lower right do? Is it a 4 way or 8 way?

The button on the lower right side is a mechanical button that switches the controller between 2600 2-btn & SMS 2 btn mode and 7800 2-btn mode. So the controller is designed to work on 3 different consoles to full capacity. The pause button is also wired up so that any console I modify internally using a simple logic gate circuit can have the console remotely paused. This is mainly for the SMS games. Many SMS games use the pause button on the console as a 3rd button to access inventory or stats in games. With that pause button being on the console itself, it isn't exactly ideal to have to get up each time I want to access that pause. But it can also be added to a 7800 as well pretty easily. 

The controller is using arcade level components and not the clones. In my case I opted for silent switches because all my other controllers have clicky switches and at night, it can be annoying when I want to play in low volume conditions.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

46 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

The button on the lower right side is a mechanical button that switches the controller between 2600 2-btn & SMS 2 btn mode and 7800 2-btn mode. So the controller is designed to work on 3 different consoles to full capacity.

I’d be happy with 2600 & 7800 2-btn.

47 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

The controller is using arcade level components and not the clones. In my case I opted for silent switches because all my other controllers have clicky switches and at night, it can be annoying when I want to play in low volume conditions.

I could use one of these. Hmm…