Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

On 4/16/2024 at 9:54 AM, sramirez2008 said:

Testing my new CRT. It’s a Zenith Space Command SF1315A. It’s hard to take a good picture of a CRT, but it has a great picture and the remote is original and barely used. So far, I’m very happy with the purchase.

IMG_4710.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4714.jpeg

OMG, I think this was the first TV I had when I moved to Miami!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

7 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Nice, where did you get those?

eBay. I purchased my UV light frame from the same Seller (carey85). He doesn’t seem to have any more of the extension cables, but he’s selling light frames and light pens. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186382893963?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=NC0junFkSLe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vGa3hq3TSji&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

12 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Thanks.  I'll have to watch for the extension cords.  I have the frames already.  🙂  I sent him a message to see if makes the cables available again. 

I’m sure he will. I missed out on his initial frame sale. Since then, he’s had two additional auctions. I have a light pen from Sean Kelly, so I don’t need that. 

10 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Thanks.  I'll have to watch for the extension cords.  I have the frames already.  🙂  I sent him a message to see if makes the cables available again. 

I ended up just using a Genesis extension cable that I trimmed the end of it so that it would fit into the ports. This way, I can use it with my Vectrex and my 7800 equally with the Avox+

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I ordered a 2nd AtariVox so I can dedicate it to the Vectrex. I don’t want to have to flip those dip switches too many times. They seem fragile. I’d rather set them once and forget it.

I basically did the same thing but it was due to small issues with the earlier Avox+ units vs not wanting to flip the switches. I modified the earlier one to correct for the issue and that made it Atari only at that point so the newer one I bought about 2 years back is to be used more for my Vectrex.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I should clarify, the Gamestation was $35. Haunting was $50. 🙂 Worth every penny though. I had it on The Sega Channel back in 95 for a couple months, but never owned a copy.

Edited by greenween

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

On 4/26/2024 at 8:23 PM, RickR said:

An Atari 8-bit Pico Cart.  Do I "need" another multi-cart for Atari?  No I do not.  But it was inexpensive and I went for it.

thumbnail-1.jpg

What options does it offer compared to others? I'm current using a Fujinet with most of my 8-bit Atari needs. I also have an Uno for the 8-bit but I don't use it that much. I also have the BBPro 8-bit atari adapter. But again...rarely used. The Fuji is able to do everything I pretty much want, minus the fact it can't handle large disk images and some formats it isn't able to do like any cartridge image formats for instance.

27 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

What options does it offer compared to others? I'm current using a Fujinet with most of my 8-bit Atari needs. I also have an Uno for the 8-bit but I don't use it that much. I also have the BBPro 8-bit atari adapter. But again...rarely used. The Fuji is able to do everything I pretty much want, minus the fact it can't handle large disk images and some formats it isn't able to do like any cartridge image formats for instance.

It is essentially a UnoCart with built-in 128mb storage and a USB-C connector to add files.  I like it because the 3D printed case is so nice.  My uno cart has a very small case that is difficult to insert correctly.  I haven't gone Fuji because I think it is a level of complexity a bit too high for my limited time. 

Uno/Pico offer really good compatibility in my experience.  XEX/ATR/CAR/TAP -- all formats seem to work fine. 

8 hours ago, RickR said:

It is essentially a UnoCart with built-in 128mb storage and a USB-C connector to add files.  I like it because the 3D printed case is so nice.  My uno cart has a very small case that is difficult to insert correctly.  I haven't gone Fuji because I think it is a level of complexity a bit too high for my limited time. 

Uno/Pico offer really good compatibility in my experience.  XEX/ATR/CAR/TAP -- all formats seem to work fine. 

Yeah I actually replaced the shell on my Uno with a much nicer looking one that fits and looks great. It was from the same guy that @- Ω - advised with some replacement Ti-99 Final GROM replacement shells. But again, it doesn't get used very much since I got my Fuji. And I don't use most of the functions off my Fuji. I just pop the SD card into my PC to load it up with the games and programs I want and just run it that way. It is nice being able to connect to other resources for those files through the cart online and copy them locally as well. Basically, the Fuji for the basic stuff is easy to use is my point.

It handles the XES and ATR files. It can handle some CAS files but I've not gotten anything else to work. So no CAR and it can't run stuff over a certain size either.

Edited by CrossBow