Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

13 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Yup, multicarts are The Way. I started my Vectrex collection by buying Sean Kelly's multicart and his set of repro overlays. I have since added the VecMulti and PiTrex but haven't gotten around to using them.

I have a PiTrex and the following:

• Sean Kelly Multicart 3.0
  • Super Vectrex Multicart (by Jason Kopp)
  • VecMulti (by Richard Hutchinson)

Btw, I also have the I and II Spin Carts plus a Spinner Controller from Tenpence Arcade.

IMG_4566.jpg

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

I have a PiTrex and the following:

• Sean Kelly Multicart 3.0
  • Super Vectrex Multicart (by Jason Kopp)
  • VecMulti (by Richard Hutchinson)

Btw, I also have the I and II Spin Carts plus a Spinner Controller from Tenpence Arcade.

Same -- I also have that spin controller and Jason's Super multi cart (best value in the Vectrex universe?). Being a controller geek, I also picked up the VecTrack and two bigger controllers. The one with the arcade stick is a digital controller and not analog.

IMG_2298.jpeg.9ad0b18db6d97de2a927af457729a7c1.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg.a4d725a44de116b3849fbe2633b4e325.jpeg

1 hour ago, socrates63 said:

I met up with a gamer from the local retro gaming group and bought his sealed Atari Gamestation. I missed getting one last year. I don't know much about it, but for $30, I thought I give it a go.

IMG_2300.jpeg.5b4cb3496618d77d8a8a01b7e2d3ae0f.jpeg

IMG_2299.jpeg.a8fa25e7cbe0193370f39f93ec46e9cf.jpeg

That's awesome!  Quite the deal! 

I had this little thing show up today...

JV7rHtC.jpg

dyNT3AG.jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

6 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I know the keyboard is'nt functional, but does it feel like the OG membrane keyboard?  Looks great!

I was only able to open it to take pictures as I had to get ready for a flight to Puerto Rico.  It LOOKS really good, though. 

This finally arrived from Hamburg Germany in the mail yesterday! I really enjoy these niche music album on cartridge formats and have most of Remute's releases from the past. But this is the first time he released something for an Atari system so I had to get it. 

20240404_182755.jpg.7749f06747c56a5989790de497393e8a.jpg

And for those curious, there is a brief 1 min video of the cartridge in action. 

My only very minor complaint about this particular release, is that the audio seems a tad lower quality as compared to what I've heard a Jaguar able to do. Tempest 2k is a prime example of this. And the fact that the songs do not change over to the next track automatically. Whichever song you choose to start playing, just auto loops as many Amiga like module files did back in the day. So as a result to listen to something else, you have to go back to the playlist menu and then choose another song. Although, you can also hot select a song from the keypad directly if you know what the track# is you want to play. Still, it would have been nice if it did go onto the next song on its own so the cart could be inserted and just left to play in the background.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

4 hours ago, CrossBow said:

And the fact that the songs do not change over to the next track automatically.

That's a big bummer for me. I also just want to leave it on to play on it own. I've been thinking of getting this out of curiosity and novelty of concept. I know music album cartridges are out there but I never tried one.

Thanks for the sharing the sound clip.

18 hours ago, socrates63 said:

That's a big bummer for me. I also just want to leave it on to play on it own. I've been thinking of getting this out of curiosity and novelty of concept. I know music album cartridges are out there but I never tried one.

Thanks for the sharing the sound clip.

Well, it isn't the first time his albums have worked that way. But even his gameboy music album he released several years ago I believe auto transitions to the next song. But, his CD based TG-16 album he released last year I think it was? I believe it does the same thing where it just stays on the same song until you use your controller to move it to the next track. His last Genesis cartridge release titled as 'Decoder' is the same way, but it makes since there because you are reading a graphic novel along the way so the music tracks change as you change the scene reading the story.

BTW...the above video was captured directly off my Jaguar through RGB. But as my capture device doesn't like anything above 2x scaling from the OSSC, it doesn't look quite as good or sharp as it normally can when I'm able to use 5x normally. But this is pretty typical of all of my RGB consoles. This is why my s-video output systems tend to look sharper to my eyes, because those go through the extron and are output at 480P. That in turn at 2x scaling means the output is 960P to my TV while the 240P stuff via RGB is only at 480P on the final output.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

28 minutes ago, RickR said:

Wow!  Looks really nice. 

Thanks. I have three (Asteroids Deluxe, Moon & Sniper Lens for Battle Zone or Stramash Zone) different UV overlays and a couple more on the way. They are really cool.

Link to the overlays: https://www.blacklighter.co.uk/

Link to the frames: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186382893963?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=NC0junFkSLe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vGa3hq3TSji&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by sramirez2008

Double Dunk is a cool one-on-one basketball game on the 2600.  Super Baseball is a modified version of RealSports Baseball.  Personally, I like the game but I know it is not everyone's cup of tea.

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Testing my new CRT. It’s a Zenith Space Command SF1315A. It’s hard to take a good picture of a CRT, but it has a great picture and the remote is original and barely used. So far, I’m very happy with the purchase.

IMG_4710.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4714.jpeg

I love it! 

I don't remember the exact TV, but that remote is something my family had in the past.  I think it was for a gigantic 32" Zenith that was our main TV before the world switched to flat panels. 

26 minutes ago, RickR said:

I love it! 

I don't remember the exact TV, but that remote is something my family had in the past.  I think it was for a gigantic 32" Zenith that was our main TV before the world switched to flat panels. 

If I had the space, I’d go after a Zenith console TV. Since I don’t have the room, this 13” will do just fine. It will come in handy for our next Atari Party.

Edited by sramirez2008