Club VCS Creator Space

Sabertooth

Happy Thanksgiving!!! On this special Thanksgiving episode of Atari Newsline, Atari's Black Friday Sale is Live!!! Peruse the goods with me & check out the sales! I show you all the items up for sale, including a brand new USB PC on a stick thumb drive for the Atari VCSI placed an order for a few items myself, including this new drive. Take a look! Also: Limited Run has some new Atari Recharged carts out for Switch & PS4/5, preorders start Nov 25-Dec 25. Will you be buying these?

Guess WHAT?!! A brand new Atari Jaguar emulator was released tonight! It's called BIGPEMU, it's free, plays in 4K, runs the ENTIRE Jaguar game library (with CD game support coming soon) & available now! Also: My Atari goodies arrived! What did I get? I unbox them for you, and also... a mysterious package also arrived from Europe bearing the name 'Microless.' What could it be?! STAY TUNED!

12 minutes ago, Ballistik said:

Guess WHAT?!! A brand new Atari Jaguar emulator was released tonight! It's called BIGPEMU, it's free, plays in 4K, runs the ENTIRE Jaguar game library (with CD game support coming soon) & available now! Also: My Atari goodies arrived! What did I get? I unbox them for you, and also... a mysterious package also arrived from Europe bearing the name 'Microless.' What could it be?! STAY TUNED!

Very excited for this emulator even though I have a Jaguar Game Drive and a complete retail collection. I just love that more people will be able to experience the Jaguar. The Atari50 inclusions really don't do the platform justice- though Atari Karts, T2K and MC3D are all great.

Agreed, Saber! I have about 35 CIB Jag games so far and the game drive. I think it's also great for those to experience the Jag who have not yet. This is a free, easy way to enjoy those games for the first time! I also just got the Atari USB stick earlier tonight, will be doing a special on that soon.  Unboxed it later on in this episode along with the Flashback 50 Gold.

On this surprise BCB episode, I take a look at the new Atari Flashback Gold 50th Anniversary Edition HD console, by atGames! It's currently not for sale in the U.S. but you can order it online. This version was made to celebrate Atari's 50th anniversary & contains a ton of ActiVision and Imagic games! It's an amazing little system. Don't let the Euro-plug fool you, you don't need it. Come watch me give a brief overview and play some of my favorite Atari 2600 games, with both the paddle and regular joystick. Enjoy! In this overview, I play: Beamrider, River Raid, Super Breakout, Crackpots, Video Pinball, Freeway, Space Raid, Demon Attack, and more! I plan on playing even more rare & homebrew games from this system on my other series,"That Atari Show," in the near future. Stay tuned! 😄

4 hours ago, Ballistik said:

On this surprise BCB episode, I take a look at the new Atari Flashback Gold 50th Anniversary Edition HD console, by atGames! It's currently not for sale in the U.S. but you can order it online. This version was made to celebrate Atari's 50th anniversary & contains a ton of ActiVision and Imagic games! It's an amazing little system. Don't let the Euro-plug fool you, you don't need it. Come watch me give a brief overview and play some of my favorite Atari 2600 games, with both the paddle and regular joystick. Enjoy! In this overview, I play: Beamrider, River Raid, Super Breakout, Crackpots, Video Pinball, Freeway, Space Raid, Demon Attack, and more! I plan on playing even more rare & homebrew games from this system on my other series,"That Atari Show," in the near future. Stay tuned! 😄

Very cool. As far as FLASHBACKS I only have the original Flashback 2+. I was never interested in anymore once AtGames took over personally but I will say this seems pretty cool, also I was not aware that they had gotten so small, I mean that thing is tiny, I like it lol, have they all been this small since AtGames took over? Anyway, very cool.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

On this Atari Newsline Newsflash, I set up the new Atari VCS PC Mode USB on my VCS for first use. In part 2, I set up RetroPie on the VCS in Debian. Bonus: My final Atari.com order has arrived! What could it be? Do you own the Atari VCS PC Mode USB & will you be installing RetroPie? What games do you want to play on it? Let me know in comments!

On 12/3/2022 at 11:21 PM, MaximumRD said:

Very cool. As far as FLASHBACKS I only have the original Flashback 2+. I was never interested in anymore once AtGames took over personally but I will say this seems pretty cool, also I was not aware that they had gotten so small, I mean that thing is tiny, I like it lol, have they all been this small since AtGames took over? Anyway, very cool.

Yeah... I'm kinda kerfuffled (sp?) that Atari hasn't sold this in the U.S. or on their website. They could have made a small fortune to bring this to U.S. retail. My only guess is that they didn't have the money to do so, which is a shame. This was purchased from microless.com in Europe. Totally worth it and I love this thing 😉 I like not having to be connected to WIFI to play and how many Imagic and ActiVision games are included. It's awesome 😉 Thanks for the support, man! More to come...

On this jam-packed episode of That Atari Show, Andrew from "Yorkies TV" on YouTube joins us! We dicuss everything from making witty YouTube content, the Atari VCS, favorite games, where we draw inspiration from & much more! Also: the new Atari Flashback Gold 50th Anniversary Edition HD is out! I play "Sequest" on this amazing little marvel. It's a must buy! Plus: In the tradition of this episode's 'quirky' theme, I review "Platter-Mania!," a somewhat sub-par party game for the Atari 8-bit computer line. Join us!

@Ballistik - Moving this from the USB thread to here. 😉

On this awesome episode of That Atari Show, the legendary YouTube man himself, John Hancock, is here to discuss all things Atari, collecting, being a content creator with an amazing huge following, what his favorite Atari games & systems are... and more! Also: I'm trying out my new blue Atari spekaerhat as my mic this episode! Let me know what you think 😉 I also delve into podcast blast! & some news. Join us!

On this Atari Newsline Newsflash, Atari.com is having another holiday sale! Ends Dec 23rd! I go over the warez with you! Also: Atari VCS USB Stick Update & BCB Holiday Schedule! Tune in to find out what's coming down the pike for 'That Atari Show' & some updates to the Atari USB Stick sitch. All here on Atari Newsline! Don't miss it!

On this Atari Newsline Newsflash, it was announced today that My Arcade & Atari are teaming up to create a new accessory! What kind of accessory is this? Let's take a look at what's available onliine. Also: Having issues downloading 'Atari 50' on your VCS? Atari issued an update. Check it all out here first on Atari Newsline Newsflash!

My Arcade & Atari Team Up To Make A New Accessory! Plus: Atari 50 Download Issue Resolved? 12.28.22 - YouTube

On this episode of BCB, I continue taking a look at 'Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration,' part 7. In this part, it's part 2 of "Highs & Lows." Atari faces the video game crash & the Atari 5200 & 7800 are delayed, contributing to panic in the marketplace, an unmarked grave in Alamagordo, New Mexico & some hardware decisions that cost the company big. Games featured include: Quadrun, Miner 2049'er, Saboteur, Crystal Castles, Millipede, Centipede, Bounty Bob Strikes Back!, Secret Quest & more!

It's the "No Filter HD" Holiday Special! This time, I play 3 games on the Atari VCS purchased during the 2022 Holiday game sale! These include: Guntech 2, Sir Lovelot & Heroes of Loot on the Atari VCS! Each game is so different, but I found them so enjoyable. Here, I play the game without interruptions, then speak before and after the game on my initial first impressions. Which game do you think I'll like most? Tune in to find out!

On this update to the My Arcade & Atari collab news story, it was announced yesterday, too, that the gaming duo will release a mini console, of sorts. You know the kind, like the Burgertime mini player & such. I go over viewer comments & more. Catch the latest here, and please comment, like & subscribe if you are interested in this content. Thank you for watching!

On this final episode of No Filter HD SE for 2022, I take a look at Pong on it's 50th anniversary! I take you on a small tour with me back to the FreePlay Arcade in Richardson, TX (with my nephew), where they are one of few who have the new Pong arcade table. I also show you some old skool Pong commercials! Plus: A tribute to Pelé's & Pelé's Soccer, after it was announced that he'd sadly passed away earlier today. I show some gameplay & play some of his commercials he made for Atari. Pong & Pelé's Soccer, two classics that will live on in infamy!

On this episode of BCB, I keep wandering down that 'Atari 50' journey with you. This time, it's part 8, 'the dawn of pc's,' where Atari gets involved in the home computer business, but with a video game slant. This episode features the Atari 400/800 computers, the 800xl, 1200xl, Atari XEGS, Atari ST & Atari Falcon line of home computers. including the Atari Portfolio... the world's first palmtop-PC! Check out this latest talk-through & gameplay of Atari 50, and stay tuned for the final part 9, 'the 1990's and beyond...'

On this episode of BCB, I wrap up 'Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration' in it's final chapter, "The 1990's and Beyond...!" In this final saga on Atari 50, Atari introduces the Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar and, later, the 2020 Atari VCS. Atari is bought and sold again and again and becomes Infogrames, then Atari SA. What's in store for the future for Atari?  Come watch the videos, see the gameplay samples & decide for yourself. Does this compilation stack up to be one of the best Atari compilations ever? My answer is a resounding YES! What do YOU think?

On this Atari Newsline Newsflash, My Arcade & Atari have teased new pictures of the new retro gaming console they're working on. And... is that a new Pong handheld?! Also: Obsidian Contraption on YouTube (creator of 'Skyfrizz') posts a new video on how to setup DOSBOX on your Atari VCS under Debian. Come take a look!

Today, unsurprisingly, Atari teased some new images of the upcoming 'mini retro arcade' device they are dubbing, "the original!" I show these pics & compare them to other similar devices by My Arcade. What can we expect? We'll know by CES this weekend. What are your thoughts? Are you interested as an Atari fan or collector? Let me know in comments!

On this episode of That Atari Show, "Dad Is A Joke" (Atari blogger & content creator), stops by to chat his favorite Atari VCS games, click-bait stories, content creation & much more!) Plus: My Arcade & Atari News & a Homebrew game, "Atari Climber/Climber 5,' for the Atari 2600. Join us for Atari goodness each week. What do you think about the My Arcade & Atari products? Stay tuned to this channel for the latest!

Just moments ago, I was interviewing my good friend Rich ('Bacon Ice Cream Productions' on YouTube) for a future 'That Atari Show,' and THIS got dropped on me! (Thanks, Rich!) Atari accidentally leaked it's next Atari Recharged games, Caverns of Mars! (First released in 1981.) I talk about a quick history of the game on Atari 800 computers, the Atari Program Exchange, and how this game came to be on Atari 50 and now, on your VCS. Coming soon! Stay tuned!

This week on "That Atari Show," Carl Forhan joins us! He's the head of Songbird Productions, who sell some wonderful homebrews & previously unreleased games for the Jaguar & Lynx! We talk homebrews, walk down memory lane & ask him some Atari-centric questions! Also: a new Creator Space featuring GoGameGo & KRAZ Productions., Podcast Blast! featuring Ferg's 2600 Podcast & Atari ST Show, Newsline with some tidbits on the My Arcade & Atari partnership products & more! Join us!