Jump to content

Warlords graphics. What the heck is that thing?


Recommended Posts

I'm talking about the thing inside each castle.  What exactly is it?

  • A two-point flag?
  • A dude sitting down?
  • A knight from the torso up (the top part is his head with the face shield down, the bottom, his torso with a lance sticking out)? 
  • WTF?

Here is the manuals description.  It's a "warlord". 


Help me solve this question that's been bothering me for 40 years.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RickR GREAT POST, GREAT QUESTION!! I've been asking myself this for 30 years! What the heck? Once I played the original arcade version of Warlords I realized that what I had been playing all along was The Atari 2600 approximation of what was in the arcades. But still, what the heck is that thing? How is that supposed to be a "Warlord"? It looks like one of the cities from Missile Command toppled over on its side.

For a long time I accepted that it was supposed to be a crown, but I'm not so sure that it's not one half of the "Darth Vader Warlord" face from the arcades:


warlords_1.jpg   warlords_3.jpg   warlords_4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...