Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration

Sabertooth

2 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

Sharing this from the Official Atari VCS Discord. Hopefully it's helpful info to anyone encountering download issues with Atari50.

This is VERY helpful indeed.  Thank you @Sabertooth and @Davpa.

This explains a lot.  I moved my VCS a while ago to a room in my home that's the furthest possible from my WiFi router.  And I've had download issues a few times since.  I think I'll move the VCS closer before I purchase Atari 50. 

THANKS!

Wondering which games have Classic Controller support in Atari 50?  Classic Controller support is indicated by an icon in the Games Library.  This is not viewable when selecting games via the timeline. 

Tempest.jpg

Additionally, developer Digital Eclipse have shared some button mapping suggestions for games that have Classic Controller support.  Sharing the pdf here. 

Atari_50_Classic_Controller_Games_Button_Remapping_Suggestions.pdf

2 hours ago, RickR said:

I am now stuck on playing "Vectr Sectr".  Holy cow this one is good. 

Yes, VCTR-SCTR is almost worth the price of entry. It's that good!

2 hours ago, RickR said:

These would make some really great high-score challenge games!

It's funny that you say that...🤔

The FREE update is live on Atari 50! It includes 12 additional games - well, technically 11 for the VCS since we had Circus Atari at launch.

Make sure you have space on your onboard memory for the download. You need 9GB to download and unpack the game. Unlike last year, the download and installation process was uneventful.

Here's the breakdown:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/atari-50-the-anniversary-celebration-gets-a-few-more-forgotten-classics-today/1100-6519699/

On 12/5/2023 at 7:06 AM, Sabertooth said:

The FREE update is live on Atari 50! It includes 12 additional games - well, technically 11 for the VCS since we had Circus Atari at launch.

Make sure you have space on your onboard memory for the download. You need 9GB to download and unpack the game. Unlike last year, the download and installation process was uneventful.

Here's the breakdown:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/atari-50-the-anniversary-celebration-gets-a-few-more-forgotten-classics-today/1100-6519699/

I did the update last night.  Dang it, only 8GB of free space for me.  I added an 8GB USB drive and moved BPM Boy over to that.  BOOM.  The Atari50 update worked with no issues.