Recharged Squad Challenge 016 - Amoeba Jump

I have really struggled to get a score above 2000 on this one, but based on a suggestion by E. King I dug out my old Hyperkin Trooper 2 from the retro storage closet and he is correct, the game is quite a bit easier using that controller. The squishiness of its stick ends up being a plus for this game. So, before the end of the month I'll just submit this score to get in for the month, but I think I am going to write this one off:

MPG Game Recording 2023-06-24_21-52-19.jpg

1 hour ago, Mockduck said:

I have really struggled to get a score above 2000 on this one, but based on a suggestion by E. King I dug out my old Hyperkin Trooper 2 from the retro storage closet and he is correct, the game is quite a bit easier using that controller. The squishiness of its stick ends up being a plus for this game. So, before the end of the month I'll just submit this score to get in for the month, but I think I am going to write this one off:

MPG Game Recording 2023-06-24_21-52-19.jpg

You're not alone. I'm struggling to crack 3k too. It's a great game and well worth the $3.99. Hard as heck though!

I raised my score by a measly 121 points 😂 I need a joystick. D-pads are just not my thing.

I connected my 8bitdo Arcade Stick to the VCS. While it works fine when navigating the system dashboard, Amoeba Jump doesn't register inputs from the 8bitdo controller. The only other game I tried was Yars Revenge in the VCS Vault. While I could navigate the menus of the Vault, when I started the game, it froze on a black screen with some numbers on it. That's a bummer. I read a post on reddit that said this specific controller worked great.

IMG_0733.jpeg.38232291c56359e3489e4a8be296e3c8.jpeg

Congratulations @Smell Dawg, the winner of our Amoeba Jump Squad Challenge!

Smell Dawg jumped in to his first Recharged Squad Challenge and leapt to the top of our leaderboard with a terrific score of 20,013!  @Yorkies TV sprung to a strong second place finish with a terrific score of 16,388!  @socrates63 made his Club VCS debut at third place with a terrific score of 8,386!  @D.joe was an early leader and finished sixth with 6,441!  @Dinobot711 joined the Club VCS challenge at 6,217 to round out the top 5!  Finally, @Sabertooth, @Mockduck and @soapyjennawenna all put in great effort with scores of 4,038, 3,473, and 2,141, respectively. 

As the winner of this round @Smell Dawg will receive 3 entries in the upcoming giveaway!

Everyone else will receive one entry!

I'd like to encourage @Smell Dawg to post this high score on the Scoreboard so we can make sure this Challenge continues on!

Congratulations to Smell Dawg on a fantastic win and to everyone else who jumped in! I'd also like to welcome all of our first time Recharged Squad Challenge players:  @Smell Dawg, @socrates63, @Dinobot711 and @soapyjennawenna!  We hope that you'll all continue to participate in the fun here at Club VCS!

NOTE: Our next Recharged Squad Challenge is YARS' REVENGE: ENHANCED from ATARI 50!  Live now!

image.png

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif.1477e13df3b11a4b12f5c8b15459a89f.gif

9 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I connected my 8bitdo Arcade Stick to the VCS. While it works fine when navigating the system dashboard, Amoeba Jump doesn't register inputs from the 8bitdo controller. The only other game I tried was Yars Revenge in the VCS Vault. While I could navigate the menus of the Vault, when I started the game, it froze on a black screen with some numbers on it. That's a bummer. I read a post on reddit that said this specific controller worked great.

I’ve also read on Discord that the 8bitdo arcade stick works great with VCS.  Sorry to hear your experience with it, but I appreciate that you share it! I’ll think twice before getting one, it seems.