Squad Challenge - Venture Reloaded (Atari 2600)

Justin

40 minutes ago, RickR said:

The enemy speed seems to ramp way up once you get all the treasure I think.  It's a great game! 

It is a great game! That's why I love these high score challenges as they get me to play games that I probably wouldn't play otherwise. I am curious what the official Venture release is like and how this improves on it.

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

Great score!  I have to try to play some more!

Thank you and yes, everyone should play it more. You have a week remaining 🙂 

19 hours ago, socrates63 said:

It is a great game! That's why I love these high score challenges as they get me to play games that I probably wouldn't play otherwise. I am curious what the official Venture release is like and how this improves on it.

Thank you and yes, everyone should play it more. You have a week remaining 🙂 

It's been a while since I've played the original. This version is pretty much equal to the Colecovision port. Room names and treasure screen are the obvious improvements.

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

The original version is 4K.  This one is 32K, so you know it has a lot more features than the original release, just with that.  The rooms fill in, they grow as you enter them and shrink as you exit (that's not on the original), you have the treasure screen, the proper start screen with your main character moving around the treasure screen to pick up the bow and arrows before going down into the dungeon, etc.  The updated port also has faster movement that matches the arcade.  The original port  is slow as molasses!  

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations RickR!

Congratulations to @RickR on another incredible victory! "The Don" RickR takes the top spot in our Final Standings with an outstanding score of 269,400 points. Awesome! @socrates63is back with us once again and fought a valiant fight, securing 2nd Place in our Final Standings with an incredible score of 240,200 points! We once again welcome back recent Squad Challenge newcomer @Smell Dawg who takes 3rd Place with a stellar score of 197,200 points. @TrekMD beams up with 154,400 points, taking 4th Place, and "The Mayor" @greenween fought a fierce battle, taking 5th Place with 136,400 points.

We had a great competition this month for what is effectively a homebrew game, I hope everybody had a great time! As always I'd like to encourage "The Don" @RickR to  post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Congratulations once again to RickR for his BIG WIN, and I want to thank @TrekMD for nominating this game!

👉 Also,  Be sure to join Club VCS this month to participate in our Recharged Squad Challenges for the new Atari VCS!

NOTE: Our next Squad Challenge will be announced shortly. Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_2600_venture_reloaded.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Thanks, Justin! Congratulations, Rick! Venture Reloaded was a very fun game. I wasn't sure that I'd enjoy it at all because, initially, it didn't look like my type of game.

@Justin I think there's a typo in the post --> and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Congratulations once again to Socrates63 for his BIG WIN...

That should be RickR and not Socrates63 🙂 

Edited by socrates63