NSG VIDEO - Games That Defined The Atari 2600 From 1980 & 1981

MaximumRD

Games That Defined The Atari 2600 From 1980 & 1981

Family friendly, informative and entertaining, Retro Reviews with The No Swear Gamer contains plenty of retro goodness. I’ve reviewed games for the Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar,  Atari Lynx, Intellivision, NES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Wii, Magnavox Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis (Mega Drive), Sega CD, Sega 32x, Sega Saturn, Sony Playstation 1, PS2 as well as covering plug n play systems, retro toys and other cool retro stuff. Check it out and subscribe today!

Recorded From Real Hardware.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Excellent video! Thank you for sharing this @MaximumRD. If anybody runs into @nosweargamer out there in cyberspace can you let him know we miss him around here? Excellent video as always, and his coverage of the whole Intellivision thing was superb.

1980-1981 is a really special time in the 2600's lifespan. Very cool that @nosweargamer is covering this specifically. This is when the 2600 was really coming into its own, having grown past super simple early games like Outlaw, Slot Racers and Video Checkers, and began to move into licensed games after the release of Space Invaders :invader:. Yet this was before all of the silver box games got going, and before third party publishers like Activision and Imagic really got established.

It's fun to examine the 2600's lifespan and divide it up into these distinct eras. I always saw it as:

• 1977-1979
  • 1980-1981
  • 1982-1984
  • 1986-1992
  • 1999-2004 - Early, definitive Atari Age Homebrews