Truly a 2600 type joystick you can build for yourself (3D Printing) -- the controller not the box... really!

- Ω -

I saw this today and I have to admit it's not your normal joystick project.  Lots of Atari 2600 type controller projects are usually about a box with a purchased controller.  Nope, not this project, it's all about the stick!  So, if you are a true DYI kind of guy, this might be just the project you are looking for!

https://www.printables.com/model/579961-4-way-mini-arcade-joystick/comments

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

33 minutes ago, RickR said:

Pretty neat!  But I think there are parts missing....all the actual switches and wiring.  Maybe I just missed the instructions for those. 

These look like a Suzo Happ or Sanwa style joystick build. You'd screw the microswitches around the base, then connect the jumper wires from your arcade cabinet to the microswitch terminals.  

Free to download--> Carrot Kingdom™- :atari_2600: - Released 5/11/2021

7 hours ago, RickR said:

Pretty neat!  But I think there are parts missing....all the actual switches and wiring.  Maybe I just missed the instructions for those. 

Yeah in the BOM he provided a link to these switches...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075GKJ1X5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

... that's enough switches to make seven joysticks for only $5.57 with a couple of switches left over for spares.  So at .19 cents a switch, that's .76 cents for switches... not bad.  So if you have a 3D printer, you probably also already have filament laying around.  Actually this would work for a TI-99/4A as well.  I'd love to cross post but...

<<< My YouTube Page >>>