OMG! Really! - Vectrex prices on eBay

- Ω -

I've got two as well, but the other is not in as good a cosmetic condition as it has at least one broken boss post on the shell and the vector lines are a mess. I suspect one of the ICs it at fault for that since It has been recapped...etc...with no change. So, in my case, my spare is a parts spare.

As for fair price I honestly don't know @- Ω - because I didn't technically have to pay for either of the two I own. The parts unit was given to me since it didn't work, and my actual working one was a gift from local collectors and friends to me for the 10th anniversary of my OVGE event I was hosting in the past here locally.

I thought working Vectrex only consoles were in the about $300 - $400 range these days with spare controllers easily hitting $100 ? The games will vary like with any console however.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

1 hour ago, CrossBow said:

I've got two as well, but the other is not in as good a cosmetic condition as it has at least one broken boss post on the shell and the vector lines are a mess. I suspect one of the ICs it at fault for that since It has been recapped...etc...with no change. So, in my case, my spare is a parts spare.

You could mark it down to $1000.00 and lowball that eBay seller. jk😉

On 9/18/2023 at 8:51 AM, socrates63 said:
On 9/18/2023 at 6:45 PM, - Ω - said:

So that brings up a question, what in the online opinion here is a "fair" price for a working Vectrex in great condition?

Define "Vectrex in great condition" with more granular adjectives.  %!#$&ing "Great condition" and "Mint" are so misued. 

I'm a firm believer in the notion that prices WILL start coming down in the future, when exactly that is, who knows.  The population of the people who played these and horded them in later years are now starting to pass away.  Those who did not play them and have no nostalgia for them will not pay the prices being asked.   The problem being, I'll probably be dead too when they become affordable.  🥵 

Asteroids, Battlezone and Lunar Lander... come to me!

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Just now, RickR said:

$300 is affordable.  Compare that (with inflation) to what it cost new.  Buy one if you want one. 

For no reason, here's a pic of the sweet Genesis stick that has been converted for Vectrex.

vectrex 008.JPG

I could probably swing $300 if it was in good condition and came with a couple of games like Battlezone and Lunar Lander.  Honestly though though, I prefer not to go the shipping route on one though, I'd be afraid of receiving damaged goods.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

23 minutes ago, RickR said:

$300 is affordable.  Compare that (with inflation) to what it cost new.  Buy one if you want one. 

For no reason, here's a pic of the sweet Genesis stick that has been converted for Vectrex.

vectrex 008.JPG

I have that stick, but its unmodified. I really like this stick.

Edited by sramirez2008

3 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

You guys are KILLING me here!  I feel like a kid that was taken into a candy store as was told, you can look at anything you want, but you can't have anything!

WOW.JPG.26e03c71282ad626e548745fdc02ed9b.JPG

Oh, and this controller... I'm in love!

This controller works just as good as the coin-op. It’s smaller, but otherwise it’s just as good. Purchased it from here. I’m actually waiting on a twin-stick Battle Zone controller from them.

3 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

This controller works just as good as the coin-op. It’s smaller, but otherwise it’s just as good. Purchased it from here. I’m actually waiting on a twin-stick Battle Zone controller from them.

I'd like to see a Lunar Lander stick!

Lunar_Lander_-_1979_-_Atari-flat.jpg.8b6d4fcf9c1a1c270c367f0570a6a2b1.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

9 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Oooooh, one can even get a "proper" joystick with the stick on the right side!

Proper.jpg.cdb62317d50d523e86ef3505896616d3.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>