Zip Code Error in Atari VCS Store

Sabertooth

For many months, some VCS users have intermittently experienced a "zip code" error that prevents them from making digital store purchases.

According to Atari, their e-commerce provider made some changes on their end that impact the API.

A ClubVCS Twitter/X poll had 27% of respondents experiencing the problem.

Fortunately, there now appears to be a workaround. When asked to enter your zip code first enter two (2) spaces and then your five (5) digit zip code. This should allow you to make your purchase as you normally would

Edited by Sabertooth

The previously reported "two digit" fix no longer works after update. We will keep an eye on this issue and report any news here.

Have you encountered the dreaded zip code issue? Is it preventing you from making purchases on the VCS store? Have you chosen to purchase titles on another platform as a result of the error?

Sound off in the comments!

2 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

The previously reported "two digit" fix no longer works after update. We will keep an eye on this issue and report any news here.

Have you encountered the dreaded zip code issue? Is it preventing you from making purchases on the VCS store? Have you chosen to purchase titles on another platform as a result of the error?

Sound off in the comments!

I'm holding off on a purchase, but I don't mind waiting. It's important to support the VCS and the new Atari 😀

16 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

The zip code dealie evaded me the past few months, but it appears to have me in its grasp, now!  The only title I'm pondering buying on another platform is Haunted House - I'll probably pick up the Switch cart when it releases (assuming it isn't a code-in-a-box 😅) if the zip code error isn't resolved before then.  Otherwise, I'm patiently awaiting the day I can get back in with the new game hype!

I think it's likely that this has really impacted the sales of newer titles. Most players are multiplatform owners and if AtariOS isn't working, they will grab them on a Switch, Steam or PS5.  (Like @Smell Dawg)

They really need to prioritize this over all other VCS initiatives. Like, get an API consultant on it.

6 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

We're now seeing some reports that the zipcode glitch is back after a short reprieve. Are you impacted?

Don’t know when this resurfaced, but I was able to purchase Alien Abduction yesterday. My email receipt is time stamped 8:46 AM. As an aside, I’ve never been impacted by the zip code glitch. Having said that, I’m sure I just put the whammy on myself and will be impacted too. 😉