Atari Lynx+. Yay, or Nay?

Chubbz

Yay, if they can make a Lynx+ with true RISC technology. I say reverse-engineer the Lynx and try to make it better so that it utilizes the original technology but modernized.

I am a fan of RISC technology, so maybe I am a little biased about it. But, I think if it is RISC, it would be faster and more efficient. Cart and SD support would be great.

I would go for this. 😛 The Lynx uses the 65C02S, if I remember right. Western Design Center produces these in large volumes, last I checked. So we could at least have the original processor.

I have one in the drawer, I got from them, but that was 20 years ago. 😄

Free to download--> Carrot Kingdom™- :atari_2600: - Released 5/11/2021

19 hours ago, Justin said:

I would love to see a 4/5 Scale Atari Lynx II with a nice library of Lynx -and Jaguar- games playable on it

You know, Justin, someone did make an Atari Lynx mini version. You could probably find it in a YouTube search. I think the guy was French, IIRC. Amazing stuff, and he used the original hardware to miniaturize it. It's pretty cool.

I love the idea, but with the Analogue Pocket out there, I would think the Lynx+ would have to be much cheaper in order to compete, or have something like Jaguar compatibility as Justin suggested. The Evercade would have been another viable way to play but I believe the Lynx collection will soon no longer be made.

As for me, while I do have an upgraded Lynx II, I will probably do my Lynx gaming on the Analogue Pocket once the cartridge adapter arrives later this year.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:03 PM, Wumperdinkle Sniy said:

It's "Yea or nay."

Imagine being a grammar N@$i on a retro console forum.

By the way, both are correct.

In the context of my question only *one* answer can be chosen.

Ergo; yay, or nay?

Edited by Chubbz

18 minutes ago, Chubbz said:

Imagine being a grammar N@$i on a retro console forum.

By the way, both are correct.

In the context of my question only *one* answer can be chosen.

Ergo; yay, or nay?

Its, yay or nay

And

It's, yay or nay

Both grammatically correct too, although the first example can be considered to have no context for the reader to understand what *it* is. (You forgot to use a comma and a question mark inside your quotation marks'.)

I even missed the coma in the forum thread title too, having instead used a full-stop.

I'm not quoting you either, hence the lack of quotation marks, although both examples could be considered correct, depending on the context.

I imagine this is also riddled with errors too, but as I'm not five-years-old', I think I'll get over it.

Edited by Chubbz

2 minutes ago, Chubbz said:

Its yay or nay, or, It's yay or nay, are both grammatically correct too (you forgot the question mark inside your quotation marks').

So, shall we continue the Jaguar+ conversation, or are you going to spam the thread with strange unrelated waffle?

Edited by Chubbz